Looking at Ford NH1715 - Need some thoughts!

/ Looking at Ford NH1715 - Need some thoughts! #11  
O.K. so where are the pics? We must have a visual on this tractor, ??

/ Looking at Ford NH1715 - Need some thoughts!
Here's what I got so far. More to follow. I've been in a discovery mode for the past week. Gone over just about every inch of it. It seems to be a very thought out design. The plug in heater doesn't seem to be working, I'll have to address that with the dealer. There is a bit of a squeal in the hydraulics, almost like a cavitation sound when rolling the bucket at higher RPM's. Could there be trapped air in the system? It seems to have been well maintained, just doing a little clean up on where fuel was spilled when filling and left to collect dust.

We ended up with 20" of snow last week so I let the snowblower sit and used the FEL to push snow. Took a bit longer but that was in part due to a learning curve. Had a great time just the same. Rolled the bucket all the way forward, left it about an inch off the ground and in mid-range, second gear, she pushed real well. Had to lock it FWD going up the drive.

All in all, for what it is, it's a pretty impressive machine.

I'll get some pics of it today and post later.

/ Looking at Ford NH1715 - Need some thoughts! #13  
It is my understanding the 'rumbling squeal' of the hydraulics is normal on these models of Ford tractors. My 1720 does the same. It's not harmful, just the way the oil is routed & flowing, set up a howl.

--->Paul

I took some pics!

Attachments

• 253302-FNH1715-4.JPG
    253302-FNH1715-4.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 210
Another view

Attachments

• 253304-FNH1715-3.JPG
    253304-FNH1715-3.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 178
And yet another view!

Attachments

• 253305-FNH1715-5.JPG
    253305-FNH1715-5.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 175
   / Looking at Ford NH1715 - Need some thoughts! #17  
Great looking ride! I wish mine was that clean!
Mine also makes a sound from the hydralics, but only a low temps. When its warm or after about 30 min in cold weather, its quiet. Judging from the snow on the ground, its cold there. I bet when things warm up, it will be less noticable.

/ Looking at Ford NH1715 - Need some thoughts! #18  
Hi Randy!

That NH1715 looks brand spanky new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely great looking condition.../forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What did the previous owner do... just look at it? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nice, nice, nice! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="blue"> What did the previous owner do... just look at it? </font>

Hopefully that's what he did. The engine compartment is in the same condition, very clean. The dealer said the guy was a landscape contractor. It had turf tires on it when I first looked at it. I had them swap them for ags and they're filled to boot. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for the positive comments, makes me feel better and better about the deal. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="blue">I bet when things warm up, it will be less noticable. </font>

Alabama Blue,

That's kinda what I was thinking. It was about 35* when I snapped these pics. That's the warmest it's been since I got the tractor. All the snow was gone, then mother "N" dumped 20" on us last Friday.