Looking At L3400--What Can This Tractor Do?

/ Looking At L3400--What Can This Tractor Do? #1  

monteu

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK5010
I'm looking at a 2007 Kubota L3400 with really low hours. I have 10 acres and want to do driveway maintenance, move dirt around, landscaping around house, plow driveway in winter, mow 4 acre pasture, AND have the ability to possibly move a round bale or two with the 3 point. The bale part would be very sporadic. Is this tractor plenty capable of all that?

/ Looking At L3400--What Can This Tractor Do? #2  
A Three Point Hitch bale spear puts bale weight weight over the rear axle where tractors are engineered to have weight, but you need to research how high you can lift a round bale with the bale spear you consider.

Adjustable width Three Point Hitch Pallet Fork might provide a bit more lift height.

/ Looking At L3400--What Can This Tractor Do? #3  
I'm looking at a 2007 Kubota L3400 with really low hours. I have 10 acres and want to do driveway maintenance, move dirt around, landscaping around house, plow driveway in winter, mow 4 acre pasture, AND have the ability to possibly move a round bale or two with the 3 point. The bale part would be very sporadic. Is this tractor plenty capable of all that?

My L3200 was & I believe it was the same frame as the previous L3400. It could mow an acre an hour or so. If you are fine with most of a day to mow 10 acres. Hay bales can be between 40 & 1,500lbs or more, so that's not a good standardized measurement. My L3200 picked up a good handful of "1,200lbs" bales with pallet forks. It was pretty sketchy even with heavy ballast. I doubt the L3400 has a SSQA so generally I'd assume bales would be further out in front of a bucket with less capacity.

If you were using a 3pt bale spear I'm sure it would easily handle any bale you could reasonably get your hands on. Lifting to heavy on the loader breaks things & rolls the tractor. Lifting to heavy on the 3pt either wont lift, or will pull the front axle off the ground. The worst that usually happens with the front off the ground is needing a fresh set of pants.

I upgraded to a L4060 for a cab & because I started doing tractor work as a side gig. Size wise it was a good match for my 5 acres with a gravel drive. Colorado snow challenged it a bit at times, but it plowed ok.

/ Looking At L3400--What Can This Tractor Do? #4  
The 3400 would handle all of what you mentioned.

/ Looking At L3400--What Can This Tractor Do? #5  
I have L2800HST...little cousin... and does all that your asking L3400 to do,having the back tires loaded makes BIG differents.
"round bales" depends on the weight.
Does L3400 have R4 tires? if so you may consider rear tire chains for winter use,and check to see if you need rear spacers if using rear tire chains.

/ Looking At L3400--What Can This Tractor Do? #6  
I have a L3700SU. Basically the same tractor as the 3400. I'm sure it will do all you are asking about. The complaints I have about mine are the jerky 3 point hitch..which takes some time to get accustomed too, the seat would be much nicer if it had suspension, the front loader was wea..but .15 cents worth of shims fixed that. I added front remotes for a grapple and plow which are very handy.
It's a basic, no frills tractor.. I suspect they will last several thousand hours if properly maintained.

/ Looking At L3400--What Can This Tractor Do?
I have a L3700SU. Basically the same tractor as the 3400. I'm sure it will do all you are asking about. The complaints I have about mine are the jerky 3 point hitch..which takes some time to get accustomed too, the seat would be much nicer if it had suspension, the front loader was wea..but .15 cents worth of shims fixed that. I added front remotes for a grapple and plow which are very handy.
It's a basic, no frills tractor.. I suspect they will last several thousand hours if properly maintained.

How did you add front remotes? I would like a grapple also....

/ Looking At L3400--What Can This Tractor Do?
Price with Land Pride mower is 14,600. It has 250 some hours and is in really sharp condition. Is this a good price?

/ Looking At L3400--What Can This Tractor Do? #10  
How did you add front remotes? I would like a grapple also....

I bought a WR Long kit....it has 4 bolts, 1 wire and change the location of a couple quick dis connect hoses. About as easy as it gets to install