Looking for a 2nd or backup lawn tractor

/ Looking for a 2nd or backup lawn tractor #1  

case580c

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M5140 Case 580C, Case 450C, Case 850B John Deere 350C, Kubota L185, Kubota L245H,
Looking for advice regarding what model JD to buy I am looking for a used unit, Right now I have a JD LX178 with a Piranha mower. I has been a good unit, But not for tall weeds I don't have a lawn to many gophers, I just use it around the house area to manage the native grasses.

OK Question #1: WHAT JD lawn tractor should I be looking for saw nice JD 140 h3 with front blade & rear tiller but no mower. Should I just find another LX178 that way, I can end up with parts tractor if need arises, Or get something like a JD 316, 317 or you tell me.

Question #2: What mowers would fit on a JD 140h3

Thanks........ Bill

Last edited:
   / Looking for a 2nd or backup lawn tractor #2  
Depending on where you live and what is available in your locale might be the bigger question. I would shop around and find one that is in good shape that meets your criteria, slim pickings in my neck of the woods.

/ Looking for a 2nd or backup lawn tractor #3  
I guess I am confused on what you are looking for or wanting. 140s are awesome machines but parts are becoming more and more rare and/or expensive. I don't know if the confusion of your post is why people aren't responding or not. Clarify just a little bit and I will be more than happy to give you a suggestion or an opinion.