Looking for a box blade or rear blade

/ Looking for a box blade or rear blade #1  

jcummins

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, F3680, Mule Pro Fxt
I have a TNT on this tractor and I used a borrow box blade couple of years ago for some driveway ditch work. Work pretty well....but I hesitate to borrow that again. It did pop and creak a lot. I was putting some pressure on it. Just time I get my own, since this problem has reoccurred, and though I would use it much....just times that's the attachment that is needed.

What is the best buy going on a 6-7ft box blade. I would consider a rear blade, since I could use for what limited snow we get....but for the money it doesn't seem rear blades are as beefy as a box blade. Got to get up in the dollars before they get that way.

/ Looking for a box blade or rear blade #2  
I always thought I wanted a rear blade but after having several box blades I can pretty much do all I need with that. Make sure you get one that is a bit heavier than average.

/ Looking for a box blade or rear blade #3  
I always thought I wanted a rear blade but after having several box blades I can pretty much do all I need with that. Make sure you get one that is a bit heavier than average.
Once you master (or get close to mastering) a box blade...it is like being able to catch a fly with chop sticks...! you can do anything...!!

T&T is paramount to mastering a box blade and hyd. rippers is a big +...If I could only have one surface implement it would be a box blade...BUT...
...being able to angle a rear blade can cut way down on the number of passes to do some of the same maintenance it would take with a b.b...

Good luck, have fun...

/ Looking for a box blade or rear blade #4  
I would look for a used Gannon industrial box blade. Check the equipment rental yards as they sell their used equipment as well as renting it. Check the used equipment internet sites as well . I have seen other members find some good deals between $500 to $1250.

/ Looking for a box blade or rear blade #5  
I looked at the gannon, EA, and the Bison. Calculated a price per pound and ended up with the bison.

84" Bison 3-Point Industrial Hydraulic Box Scraper Model BB21-1

IMG_0435.jpg

/ Looking for a box blade or rear blade #6  
   / Looking for a box blade or rear blade #7  
I have both - Land Pride RB3596 rear blade and Bush Hog Roll Over Box blade RO720. After years of attempting to maintain my mile long gravel driveway with only a rear blade - I gave up and got the box blade along with a Land Plane Grading Scraper(Land Pride GS2584).

The rear blade is fantastic for winter snow removal. Although it does weigh 565 pounds - that's just not enough to keep it from jumping around when I would attempt to do summer maintenance. The ROBB & LPGS are the ideal implements for summer driveway maintenance.

If I had to choose only one implement for year-round driveway maintenance it would still be a rear blade. I would want one in the 1300 - 1500 pound category and either 84" or preferably 96" wide. Just MHO

BTW - I also have top link hydraulics. It is the only way to go when using ground engagement implements.