Looking for a good 9mm

/ Looking for a good 9mm #51  
I bought and really like the Kahr PM-9
My son had a KELTEC....all too frequently it would jam on an expended shell. The manufacturer stated that "some ammo" is less suited than others for this gun" BS. My Kahr has shot about 8 different makes of ammo...all good.
Another fact I like is, like the Glocks, the trigger pull and travel is constant. I had a S&W 9MM once, the FIRST shot had approx 1" trigger travel, THEN each following shot had a 1/4" trigger travel. I HATED that.
One other note, the Glocks and others have a thicker hand grip allowing "staggered" high capacity magazines. You can get 11, 16 and more round magazines. The KAHR is a very thin grip with a "stacked" magazine. The standard magazine holds 8 rounds. An extended magazine is available and holds ONE more round. I liked the extension as it adds about 3/4" for my pinky finger. It's light, palm size, pockets well and is quite accurate out to 25' .....never shot it further than that.
AS the other guys said....practice and get comfortable with whatever you buy.:thumbsup:

/ Looking for a good 9mm #52  
I know it's not 9mm, but I just picked up a S&W Bodyguard 380 and it's a real sweetheart. It fits right in the pocket, holds 6+1, has a factory installed laser, sports a thumb safety, and is darn accurate especially considering its small size. I've run a couple hundred rounds through it with no malfunctions whatsoever. My friend bought one also and his experience is the same. I think my NAA Guardian 380 will spend a lot of time in the safe.

I've criticized people in the past for carrying .380 pistols, until I realized that what good is a larger caliber pistol if it just sits in a safe?

Now I got a Kahr 380. and it's the gun I carry the most. For me any gun that doesn't fit in my back pocket is not gonna see much time out of the safe.
I rarely feel the need or am in the mood to holster a mid or full size big bore handgun.

I would not recommend such a small pistol to anyone who is willing to carry a mid size 9 though. Especially the Kahr, it was very finicky to break in, I'm confident enough in it now, but it is not idiot proof by any means.

JB

/ Looking for a good 9mm #53  
CZ makes some fine 9mm firearms. The PO1 and the RAMI are conducive to carry and they are dead on accurate and reliable.

My own favorite 9mm is a Colt Commander 9mm. They are hard to find but make a very soft shooting weapon. Not really a general carry piece for most people though.

For years, my daily carry has been a hammerless Taurus 357 five shot revolver with a ported barrel. It disappears into a jeans pocket and still packs a good punch.

/ Looking for a good 9mm #54  
For years, my daily carry has been a hammerless Taurus 357 five shot revolver with a ported barrel. It disappears into a jeans pocket and still packs a good punch.

Although I prefer carrying the Glock 19, if I'm just heading out for fuel or a quick trip to the grocery store, I slip a shrouded hammer Taurus .38 revolver in my pocket. This is one of the titanium models...probably very similar to yours (except for the caliber and porting). I stoke it with Hornady Critical Defense or Speer Gold Dot +P rounds.

/ Looking for a good 9mm #55  
"My own favorite 9mm is a Colt Commander 9mm. They are hard to find but make a very soft shooting weapon. Not really a general carry piece for most people though"

Heh, I've got two of those - one a 1972 Combat Commander (steel frame) and the other a LW Commander (alloy frame) made in 1952. Neither one has been out of my safe in two years because they've become worth too much to shoot. I don't like having collector level pistols and would sell a bunch of them if it was easier/legal to ship handguns.

My vote on the 9mm? Glock 19, nevermind the compensator. It's comfy enough for kids to shoot. If you ever need to fire a compensated pistol in the dark you'll be blinded by the first shot.