Looking for a manufacturer/seller of premade fuel lines

/ Looking for a manufacturer/seller of premade fuel lines #1  

lostcause

Platinum Member
like the title says, i'm in need of at least one new fuel line for my truck. i haven't checked with a dealer yet since it's the weekend, but i figured a few of you might know of some aftermarket companies to look at too. a friend recommended classictube.com, but they don't have an application for my truck. specifically, i need lines for a 2001 gm 3500 4x4 cab/chassis with a 6.6 engine. i'm going to look at both regular and stainless, along with single lines and complete packages, so if anyone has a suggestion, let's have it. thanks.

/ Looking for a manufacturer/seller of premade fuel lines #2  
It is possible to make your own, its not as tough as you think, you just have ot get a bender, which is a pretty inexpensive hand tool. Best bet might be a Chevy dealer.

/ Looking for a manufacturer/seller of premade fuel lines #3  
It is possible to make your own, its not as tough as you think, you just have ot get a bender, which is a pretty inexpensive hand tool. Best bet might be a Chevy dealer.
:thumbsup: And if going stainless, get Swagelock fittings. You'll blow a line long before you'll blow a Swagelock fitting that is assembled correctly.

/ Looking for a manufacturer/seller of premade fuel lines
problem is, this isn't just a one time repair of a small leak in a fuel line. it's the result of 10 years of maine winter roads. while i only have one leak right now, i'm guaranteed to have more before long - virtually every fitting i looked at under the cab is quite rusty, as are many of the lines. also, this isn't the type of vehicle where i want to start putting in non-factory line repairs. all the lines in this use quick disconnects, and i don't want to start adding in a bunch of custom repairs. it'll just make any future repairs more time consuming.

i want to stick with oem style replacements for this. rusted lines is a very common occurrence around here due to the various snow and ice melting techniques used on the roads, and i've seen a lot of people order complete custom bent brake line kits recently. i think the ease of installation offsets any extra cost.

/ Looking for a manufacturer/seller of premade fuel lines #5  
I would also replace the brake lines while I was at it. Having a fuel line rupture is one thing but having a brake line break is another.

Chris

I would also replace the brake lines while I was at it. Having a fuel line rupture is one thing but having a brake line break is another.

Chris

nearly the entire brake system was replaced just before i bought the truck three years ago. the lines aren't run as professionally as i would like, or necessarily located where i want in all cases, but i'm not going to add any extra labor since they are in working order. i also had to do two transmission lines the year after i bought the truck.

i just was hoping to find the name of an aftermarket supplier, or for that matter, even a gm dealer who has an interactive parts system with diagrams that can be viewed on the internet. i'm just looking for part numbers, costs, availability, etc. i won't be able to contact a gm dealer during working hours for at least two weeks due to my schedule.

/ Looking for a manufacturer/seller of premade fuel lines #7  
nearly the entire brake system was replaced just before i bought the truck three years ago. the lines aren't run as professionally as i would like, or necessarily located where i want in all cases, but i'm not going to add any extra labor since they are in working order. i also had to do two transmission lines the year after i bought the truck.

i just was hoping to find the name of an aftermarket supplier, or for that matter, even a gm dealer who has an interactive parts system with diagrams that can be viewed on the internet. i'm just looking for part numbers, costs, availability, etc. i won't be able to contact a gm dealer during working hours for at least two weeks due to my schedule.
I wish you luck in trying to find reasonable priced replacements for a 10 year old chassis-cab. I know with the brake lines there was no such thing available for my 2000 GMC, from a dealer or otherwise, but maybe you will have better results for the fuel lines. Let us know if you have any success, but I don't hold out high hopes.

/ Looking for a manufacturer/seller of premade fuel lines #8  
If you carefully remove the old line, places like classic tube can make an exact copy of your old one.................also try inlinetube.com

If you carefully remove the old line, places like classic tube can make an exact copy of your old one.................also try inlinetube.com

thanks for the link to inline tube. sadly they don't have the exact application for mine either. i suppose fuel lines aren't as common as brake lines when it comes to replacements, so i have a feeling it's going to be buying gm parts. i think it's currently only at one fitting where it leaks, though if not too costly i'll probably replace a lot more. anyone know of a link where you can view complete parts breakdowns for gm vehicles (without having a dealer login, that is).

/ Looking for a manufacturer/seller of premade fuel lines #10  
i still vote for a quality double flaring tool and do it yourself. no custom fittings as you use the same as stock ones.