Looking for a new tractor B2650 vs B3350

/ Looking for a new tractor B2650 vs B3350 #11  
That is a good point. Not as much surface area which would give it more digging force. I am going to get a tooth bar also.

Back to your original planned use for this machine.... If the work you have in mind is construction and landscaping then why not a TLB instead of an Ag tractor with implements?
rScotty

/ Looking for a new tractor B2650 vs B3350
They are too pricey and allot heavier than I want for the ground I would be working on.

Back to your original planned use for this machine.... If the work you have in mind is construction and landscaping then why not a TLB instead of an Ag tractor with implements?
rScotty

/ Looking for a new tractor B2650 vs B3350 #13  
They are too pricey and allot heavier than I want for the ground I would be working on.

That makes sense to me. TLBs rigged the same are about 50% more money and around twice the weight. That's exactly why I spent 40 years with a succession of small farm tractors with loaders and 3pt backhoes. So I sure do understand. I enjoyed those machines and I did get a lot done. So will you.
BTW, I looked up the 2650 vs the 3350 and am I correct that the only difference is the engine size? Well, engine size and about $5000... !
Everything else seems the same, near as I can see. Which way are you leaning?
enjoy,
rScotty

/ Looking for a new tractor B2650 vs B3350 #14  
Regarding the bucket question. I have the larger size which is handy for lighter materials like wood chips but I don't like it for heavy dirt or rock. The heavier weight, spread a little wider, make the tractor feel a little unstable to me. I plan on getting the smaller bucket at some point for the heavy materials and as a better digging tool. I don't think there's a difference in they way they are constructed it's just the heavier materials tax the specs of the FEL so that's why they call it a light materials bucket.

I like the B2650 quite a bit and think it serve your purposes well.

Good luck.
John

I think I am going to go with the 2650. The increase in price is the larger engine and all of the emissions stuff which I don't want. I'm still up in the air on the bucket size. I went to a local dealer to see one in person and they are nice machines. I'm working with Brady at Barlows on pricing and eta as we speak. I'm getting excited. I miss my L4060, so I need something to feel the gap. :)

Another question I have is wheel spacers. I see that is a Kubota option. They are pricy at $299. Does the tractor feel that much more stable with the spacers?

/ Looking for a new tractor B2650 vs B3350 #17  
I'd get the regular bucket not the light materials one if you plan on picking up buckets full of dirt or rocks.

I moved my B7100's wheels out to their widest setting and it helped noticeably. I got my Branson with the spacers installed so I don't know what it was like without them. If you're working on slopes they will help with stability.

/ Looking for a new tractor B2650 vs B3350 #18  
As I said, I don't know those two models myself, but counting back, I've had 7 loader/tractors plus half a dozen extra buckets for specialized jobs. I agree that you ought to start with the smaller, more heavily built bucket. You'll find that you need to be able to fit a small bucket into small corners and spaces far more often than you need to carry as much as you can of some light material.

As for the smaller HP engine, that would probably be my choice too. If the difference in price was half what it is, I'd be tempted for the larger engine. But it isn't all that much extra and for a lot more money.

Genuine OEM wheel spacers at $299 sounds good to me - even if that is a per each price. I'd do it. IMHO, side hill stability is the #1 problem with compact tractors. Particularly when they have a loader.

The spacers have another advantage too....they are just the right price for a bargaining chip. Easy to install, too.
luck,
rScotty

/ Looking for a new tractor B2650 vs B3350 #19  
B2650 26-horsepower from 77 cubic inch engine; 1,786 pounds bare tractor.

L2501 24.8-horsepower from 100 cubic inch engine; 2,623 pounds bare tractor. A significantly more capable machine. Minimal pollution controls due to <25-horsepower.

To mow longer grass consider a L3301. Same tractor as L2501, one increment more powerful engine.

/ Looking for a new tractor B2650 vs B3350 #20  
I've found this thread very useful as I'm facing the same decision - B2650 vs B3350.

The engine in the 3350 is a 4 cylinder, that in the 2560 is a three cylinder with a few more CI, but without the turbocharger.
Four cylinder engines are more expensive than similar sized three cylinder engines but most of the increased cost is to satisfy the clueless feds.
Hopefully, we will get some of the nonsense rolled back in the foreseeable future.
Dean

Personally I have an aversion to turbo as the high rpm induction fans tend to turn bearing into butter - esp in new designs. Turbo shouldn't be needed based on displacement - I think.
Don't hold your breath waiting for 'nonsense' repeals/revision - passing nonsense takes a few hours, repealing nonsense requires dealing with the 90% of ppl who know nothing, but hold strong, uninformed opinions.

After reviewing the schematics, I *believe* B3350 has a hydraulic cooler before the radiator that the B2650 lacks. That's IMO one more hydraulic part to break, given my potential use.

BTW, I looked up the 2650 vs the 3350 and am I correct that the only difference is the engine size? Well, engine size and about $5000... !
Everything else seems the same, near as I can see. ...
rScotty

Engine, emissions gear, hydaul-cooler, and of course price.

I believe the MSRP diff was $4672. Until the end of July K' offered an extra $600 discount (delta $4072), and my dealer was offering me 11% off the MSRP in addition - so my cost diff 8 days ago would have been $3552.

I'm inclined to go w/ the B2650 personally,