Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #21  
But his Kubotas are the best thing in the world. You can't beat that! 😅
Gimme a break. Mine are all paid for so no payment books, no interest and no BS. I have NO intention of every buying a new tractor. Payment books give me the Kooties.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #22  
Gimme a break. Mine are all paid for so no payment books, no interest and no BS. I have NO intention of every buying a new tractor. Payment books give me the Kooties.
If you want a break, gives others a break too on your whining how much you spent on tires, that your tractors are all paid for and don't have tier 4 emissions, and so on. It's only fair. :)

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #23  
They don't..... and tires are a consumable item anyway. So I paid 5 grand for 4 radial R1's mounted, big deal. They aren't small tires.

I'm all good with sarcasm anyway. Tot for tat I'd say.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #24  
Waaaay too small
I have no use for anything under 125HP, unless it’s a zero turn or a skid steer

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #25  
I'm sure they sell larger units too. Wonder how the Colonial disruption will impact your fuel prices. Read that 4 bucks + a gallon is coming for you soon. Not an issue here, no Colonial. Panhandle and Enbridge.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #26  
It’s already $3.65
Whats another $.35 :rolleyes:

I guess I’m supposed to jealous because you aren’t affected?

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #27  
4 bucks + not 4 bucks. Last time I bought off road, it was $2.05 and on road was 3.

Also read that if it continues, there will be fuel shortages out your way.

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #28  
Oh goodie. Hope that makes your day :rolleyes:

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range
Thanks for all of the replies. Didn't expect to get this many so quick.

The reason I was leaning toward a DOC unit vs a DPF unit was that I though they were more forgiving for running at an idle and lower rpms than the DPF systems. From reading some other threads, the consensus seems to be that running low rpms generates more soot, more soot means less time between regens, and more regens = worse fuel economy and is harder on the motor.

I know that we idled our old tractor a lot when we where working on a project rather than constantly turning it off and cranking it every time we moved the auger to a new post hole or whatever it is we were working on and I would rather not have to run high rpms all of the time. Honestly about the only time we ran high rpm was when we were running the cutter or lifting something particularly heavy like big round bales. But ptsg's reply has me worried that a DOC is going to suffer from issues with fouling the catalyst system with a lot of low rpm time.

Does there seem to be one of these systems that fares better with low rpm usage? Or do I just have to bite the bullet and change my tractor habits for modern tractors?

Haven't had a chance to look into the McCormick that was recommended yet.

The Mahindra 6075 seems to meet most of the requirements with optional equipment added (except rear 3ph adjustment). The LS MT573 (apprently there is a buddy seat option now) meets all except it is DPF. New Holland Workmaster and PowerStar (and their Case equivalents) allso seem to fit the bill.

Any experience or thoughts on those three tractors?

/ Looking for a new tractor in the 75hp range #30  
None of those will be powershift and wet clutch. MCCormick tractors rooted in Agriculture and built for farming.
Id take a tractor like that with super low hours and AG design over Mahindra, LS, etc.

Last edited: