looking for a small second hand tractor to buy

/ looking for a small second hand tractor to buy #12  
I know most of these responses are in jest and very few details of the OP are given. But the assumption that a living cannot be made from 10-20 acres is foolish. Agriculture is a broader concept than corn and soybeans.

There are many, many vegetable farmers who make 6 figures, here in the US, on far less land than that. I know of more than a few vineyards in Sonoma and Napa whose vines do not cover anymore land than that. I know greenhouse folks who own nowhere near that amount of land and are literally wealthy.

Just sayin'.

/ looking for a small second hand tractor to buy #13  
Relevant points BP, but it is kind of hard to give relevant information to someone with an empty profile and only two posts on his own thread; some feedback from the OP would really be helpful.

/ looking for a small second hand tractor to buy #14  
Relevant points BP, but it is kind of hard to give relevant information to someone with an empty profile and only two posts on his own thread; some feedback from the OP would really be helpful.

Yup, sure enough. Said that myself. Still think a slightly warmer welcome might have been in order. Shrug.

To Yankho. Welcome to TBN. Hope you come back and fill in some of your ideas, hopes and questions.

/ looking for a small second hand tractor to buy #15  
Small second hand tractor:

06043.jpg

Collectible John Deere Pocket Watch - Certificate Authenticity

/ looking for a small second hand tractor to buy #16  
:laughing:
On a farm that size I would plant some Maryjane. Cash crop. PS watch out fer those feds. :D

Boy did he leave the door wide open...

/ looking for a small second hand tractor to buy #17  
sorry i had a brain fart when i posted that for all we do here is wheat, beans, and corn :confused2: more info from the thread starter would be nice though

/ looking for a small second hand tractor to buy #18  
First, welcome Yankho! Yes, it is very difficult to get into farming/ranching because of the large cash investment. But, this is America!!!!!! Anything is possible with hard work, wise investments and a little luck. :thumbsup:.

I will tell you how I started. First, I sold all of my toys and eliminated all my debts (except our modest starter home). Then with my wife's blessing WE worked and saved until we had enouch money for a DOWN PAYMENT on our first piece of ground. With no money to purchase equipment I made an agreement with my brother-n-law to help him farm and in exchange we used his equipment to till and plant my ground. My ground was the last planted and the last harvested. I paid for all fuel, seed, fert and chemical cost. I did this for about five years, until I could afford to pick up some good used equipment which enabled me to farm myself. I even crop share rented a 10 acre patch next to mine for a few years.
It has been 30 yrs since I started. I have worked a full time job for all those years while farming on the side. I retired from my "full time" job at 51yrs old but continue to work part time while ranching (found there was more PROFIT in cattle than corn/beans).
I still don't make enough to make a living solely on my ranch, but it is a nice supplement to my pension and part time income. In the past couple of years I started updating my equipment, purchased a new JD 5105M last fall. I hope to purchase a few more acres when I can.
I do believe with hard work, a smart business sense and a long term goal that it is possible to start from scratch and become a farmer. You will earn a modest living, have very little money, but you will be wealthy when you retire or die. I sure hope my kids enjoy their inheritance. ;)

NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS :thumbsup: