Looking for a source for tractor parts.

/ Looking for a source for tractor parts. #11  
Mark, your profile says you're a tinkerer. Gluing that needle back on the shaft should be a no-brainer for a tinkerer.

/ Looking for a source for tractor parts.
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Mark, your profile says you're a tinkerer. Gluing that needle back on the shaft should be a no-brainer for a tinkerer. )</font>

Norm,
I honestly don't believe that these gauges were ever designed to be torn apart for such type repairs. They have to be a sealed unit to with stand sitting out in inclement weather for days on end.
I'd rather spend a reasonable fee now to replace the assembly, then have to replace it anyway because my attempt at repair only made matters worse.
But Thank you for your vote of confidence in my abilitys.

/ Looking for a source for tractor parts. #13  
Call around the auto repair shops or check the yellow pages and see who fixes speedometers. There are six diffferent companies listed here in Houston. I bet it would be a lot cheaper to have yours repaired than to buy a new one. I wouldn't glue it, the glue would change the weight of the needle and that would probably affect the accuracy of the meter.

/ Looking for a source for tractor parts. #14  
I never looked at one, but I'll bet it has a screw-on bezel with a rubber o-ring seal. You set the needle on zero, put a spot of "JB-Kwik" on the original mounting surface of the needle, hold a couple of minutes, good to go.

/ Looking for a source for tractor parts. #15  
you can try a little silicon to keep out the water also.........

Heck give it shot anyhow unless your too busy

Bartman

/ Looking for a source for tractor parts.
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Try www.batescorp.com. came up with it off an Ag site. )</font>
Justaplain,
I just searched through there website and they don't seem to carry anything to do with John Deere, Thanks anyway.
I saved the url anyway, you never know when it will come in handy.