looking for a used 25-35hp tractor, advice on two needed

/ looking for a used 25-35hp tractor, advice on two needed #1  

wyoranch

Tractor
none
Hello everybody. New to the forum. I own 10 acres and will eventually be getting 25-50 more. I need a tractor to clean up my place, haul brush, work on roads, haul round bales to my cattle, shred, etc. I'm looking for a 25-35 HP four wheel drive tractor with a fel. Can't afford a new one so I can't be too choosy. I've found two. I want to hear opinions.

#1. 2010 jd 3005. Manual shift. 420 hours. Loader, box blade, post hole digger, 5' shredder. $15000 non negotiable.

#2. 2004 cub cadet 7532. Hydrostatic Tranny. 900 hours. Loader and cheaper 5' shredder. Probably can get it for 7500-8000

Both are in really good shape. I like the fact that the cub is hydrostatic but can't find much info on this particular one. And its more powerful so that seems good. The jd is of course a jd but I've heard the 300 loaders are weak and the 3 point on these tractors are weak. But I like the reliability of the manual Tranny. The jd just had the rear axle replaced. Somehow something let loose and knocked a chunk of.cast iron out of the.rear end. Oil was leaking out. Replaced under warranty.

I really want the cub but want opinions from people hopefully experienced with both

/ looking for a used 25-35hp tractor, advice on two needed #2  
My advice would be to consider a new 3032E tractor with the hydro tranny and 305 fel. New tractor with warranty few more hp and better 3PH. I suspect you can get one with the fel for about $16,500. Then add the other attachments as you can afford it, heck I am still buying stuff it seems to be a never ending process.

I don't think the price is that good on the 3005 and I personally don't wan't anything with a sliding gear transmission, besides you wouldn't get warranty if something else fails either. Most of us who have participated on the forum will tell you that all of these hydrostatic tractors seem to be bullet proof and dependable.

/ looking for a used 25-35hp tractor, advice on two needed #3  
For general loader work (changing direction) or sheddar cutting around obstacle, the hydrostat is more user friendly. If the JD was shuttle shift it might be a different story.

/ looking for a used 25-35hp tractor, advice on two needed
I have set myself a 10000 limit. Km not buying a new one. I'm wondering if the cub is a good tractor. I don't care about color or brand. I just want something that's gonna work.

/ looking for a used 25-35hp tractor, advice on two needed #5  
Then look at Craigs List, Machinefinder.com and Tractorhouse.com and other want ads. Good luck with the search.

/ looking for a used 25-35hp tractor, advice on two needed #6  
I looked at the Cub Cadet units similar when I was considering a TLB - this model is built by Mitsubishi and while they are decent quality they arent well known. Also there wernt a lot of these machines sold so not a lot of history.

Parts should still be available but overall you should "buy it right" as the resale in the future is not great. I think the price you mention $7500 to be reasonable. So if you can get 2-3 years of work with no major issues then its a good deal.

If I were you tho, look around for a Kubota L3130HST, or Kubota L3000 in the 2003-2006 vintage - these are the same size and you might find them in the $10K range. Another good option is the JD 790 they can be found in a similar price range. These are all 30 HP range tractors. Even better is a JD 990 40 HP.. more $ tho.

The Kubota and JD with similar will set you back $2-4K more but in the long haul may be a better investment.