Looking for advice/input. 2003 TC33da potential purchase

/ Looking for advice/input. 2003 TC33da potential purchase #1  

jreed1337

Tractor
Cub Cadet 128
Hello folks,

I have a 1971 Cub Cadet 128 which is a toy and a 2017 Cub Cadet XT2 that I used for mowing and snowblowing duties. I'd like to step up into a larger loader tractor for projects around our property, and quite honestly, to have a little fun in.

I've been shopping for compact loader tractor for a few months now and came across a used 2003 TC33da that looks to be a good candidate. I was hoping to get some advice/input on the model, and hear from some of the seasoned owners about the pros and cons.

The tractor is a 2003 model with 850 hours. NTC32 loader with SSQA, and appears to be in exceptional cosmetic condition. They are asking 16,800.

My main uses will be tending the driveway, leveling ground on the property with a blade/box blade, using the loader to move and haul rocks, gravel, dirt, logs. There will be some minor digging with the loader, but nothing crazy.

I'd also like to pull down some trees, which are 6 inches or less in diameter. Do you feel if I cut a 6 foot trunk the tractor would have enough power and weight to pull these smaller trees down?

Please feel free to tell me the good, bad, and ugly on the TC33da. I appreciate it!

Jared

Here's my Cub 128.

52941067484_89d8655189_b.jpg

52940319832_66bcb37da8_b.jpg

/ Looking for advice/input. 2003 TC33da potential purchase #2  
I have a TC40DA and 6" trees are usually no problem to push over with the front end loader. Of course it probably depends on the type of tree and soil. I do not cut the tree first as the weight of the tree top helps it come over once you get it leaning. Plus a longer tree/stump can be used for more leverage after it's over to spin it around in a circle and break the last of the roots. Tree that are too big to push or pull over on there own I can usually dig around the base with a stump bucket (pointed bucket) and break enough roots to pull them over. Big issue with pushing over small trees is the bend and break rather than pop out stump. Again, with a stump bucket, it isn't that bad digging out a 6" stump.

/ Looking for advice/input. 2003 TC33da potential purchase #3  
I have a TC30 with an NTC30 loader. I have had no issues with the aftermarket loader and actually prefer it since it comes with the SSQA loader. I have pushed over a couple 6" trees with my TC30. I cut them first and left a 4-5 foot stump. I did have to push on one side and then go around to the other side and push a couple of times.

/ Looking for advice/input. 2003 TC33da potential purchase #4  
I have a TC29DA, and have been very happy with it. I keep spare fuel filters for it, and have to change them every 6 months to a year. No real problems w/ it. I don't know about a 6 inch tree, I never tried to push over a tree. I suspect it also depends on the type of tree, as well as the soil and moisture level.
On mine, the brakes aren't very effective, but I rarely use them.

/ Looking for advice/input. 2003 TC33da potential purchase #5  
I have a tc33da ('04 or '05) with about 800 hrs on it. The price you quoted is about what I paid new with FEL and a 72" box blade. Only problem I've had to deal with was a faulty glow plug timer relay.

/ Looking for advice/input. 2003 TC33da potential purchase
Thank you guys for the replies. I didn't get the tractor. It sold before I made a decision.

Thanks though!

/ Looking for advice/input. 2003 TC33da potential purchase #7  
Any of the Shibaura 3cyl tractors are awesome. The biggest thing to look for is if it has been abused.