Looking for advice on zero turn mower

/ Looking for advice on zero turn mower
i bought the used ferris i mentioned in a post earlier in this thread. It seems to be a top tier mower, and given the acessories that the buyer threw in i thought it a great deal. I got the 52" IS 2100 and got the turbo pro max bagger and a small trailer and a blade sharpener and a few other goodies. The mower has 26 hours on it and was priced several thousand below what the local ferris dealer is asking for a new IS2200 mower with no bagger. Im glad i started looking early as the dealers i visited all seemed to mention availability and difficulties keepiong machines in stock the last few summers.

/ Looking for advice on zero turn mower #12  
   / Looking for advice on zero turn mower #13  
Enjoy the Ferris, they are a top tier mower. I missed a great deal on a used one like yours and bought a new Toro Titan 60”. Good ZT mowers are not cheap but they perform better and have greater durability.

I have a reasonably flat area, it’s wet in places now as it’s mud season here. In a week or two when it’s dry I’m going to use the bagger and dethatching rake to start cleaning up for spring. There is one slope behind my barn that is in question. I’ve measured it at 18* and the mower says 15* is the max slope it’s rated for. I bet it will do more than the stated 15* but I’ve always done this slope diagonally and that’s how I plan to do it with the zero turn.

this is my first zero turn so I’m unable to help on Altoz brand mowers.

/ Looking for advice on zero turn mower #15  
Great you got that machine - I saw it on Craigslist NH I think - nice machine.

I am getting ready to thatch lawn and vacuum up later today - early for us here in NH.

Enjoy the Ferris, they are a top tier mower. I missed a great deal on a used one like yours and bought a new Toro Titan 60”. Good ZT mowers are not cheap but they perform better and have greater durability.
Thanks! Agreed on the cost but I think in the long run it’s money well spent. This machine should have durability to last many many years the way I’m going to use it plus the time it’s going to save me has value too. Whether it’s time I’m able to use to make a few bucks or time I use to go fishing it’s still time that’s being used in a better fashion than sitting on my old mower.

/ Looking for advice on zero turn mower #17  
After owning my Exmark for 17 years with really no problems other than spindle bearings, I decided to get a new one. Went to my dealer and was disappointed in the new Exmarks. Seems they haven't kept up with the times. The products seemed cheaply made and top dollar prices. Dealer seemed uninterested to make a deal. Now he is pushing other brands cause he doesn't like dealing with Exmark and not a fan of the factory rep. So I did lots of looking. Did some internet shopping with four Gravely dealers and they fought for my business, all making offers online. A year later I have a Pro Turn 252 and couldn't be happier with the deal I got or the machine. This machine is heavy duty and quality. Gravely has been around for a long time. Longer than probably any other zero turn brand. The hydros are 5400 series. Try one out and then do your shopping on the internet cause if you go in person they figure they have you once they get you in their store. The dealer I bought from let me take a demo for a week which is something you should definately do.

Great you got that machine - I saw it on Craigslist NH I think - nice machine.

I am getting ready to thatch lawn and vacuum up later today - early for us here in NH.
Yes the fellow I bought it from had sold a large property in Gilford and moved to a home in an association that does all the outside maintenance for you. He had recently sold his excavation business and knew the value of buying good machinery up front and then taking care of it. This machine looks brand new, and that’s no exaggeration. I feel like I got a great deal!

After owning my Exmark for 17 years with really no problems other than spindle bearings, I decided to get a new one. Went to my dealer and was disappointed in the new Exmarks. Seems they haven't kept up with the times. The products seemed cheaply made and top dollar prices. Dealer seemed uninterested to make a deal. Now he is pushing other brands cause he doesn't like dealing with Exmark and not a fan of the factory rep. So I did lots of looking. Did some internet shopping with four Gravely dealers and they fought for my business, all making offers online. A year later I have a Pro Turn 252 and couldn't be happier with the deal I got or the machine. This machine is heavy duty and quality. Gravely has been around for a long time. Longer than probably any other zero turn brand. The hydros are 5400 series. Try one out and then do your shopping on the internet cause if you go in person they figure they have you once they get you in their store. The dealer I bought from let me take a demo for a week which is something you should definately do.
the local kubota dealer that I’m not a huge fan of sells the gravely mowers. I stopped in there to put eyes on several brands at the same time. They had kubota, husqvarna, Wright, and Gravely machines on the floor. I was very impressed with the gravely machines, they were very well built and priced well. i would gladly have bought one of those .

/ Looking for advice on zero turn mower #20  
I have a gravely pro turn made in 2008. Still serving me well and so is they kawi fx751 engine. Snapper pro sw30 (think ferris) has served well. I traded my late 90s Ferris for a kimber master carry custom 1911 with crimson trace grips. It was still going but one transmission had to be rebuilt on it about 2007. My partner runs scag, gravely, and cub cadet. My choice I believe would be parts and service of whom ever is closest with good customer aervice but small tires and a narrow stance on the drive tires will turn me off in a hurry on a walk behind.