looking for advise, I blew hydrolic line on FEL

/ looking for advise, I blew hydrolic line on FEL #1  

johann

Silver Member
Tractor
bx2200
Hello everyone,

Yesterday at the end of the day I blew a hydrolic line on the FEL.It is the line with the pink tape (mabe it was red at one time), looks like it is coming out at the base where it is crimped on to the hose. line only blows fluid when I lift the fel or lift the 3 pt hitch. I havn't changed a hydrolic line before, so I am looking for tips ....like how to get at the end attached to the joystick if the fel is down? do I need to bleed the system like you do with brakes on a car? Is there still alot of pressure on this line when I unscrew it even when machine is off?

/ looking for advise, I blew hydrolic line on FEL #2  
Lower the FEL and work the joystick to relieve all the pressure. Then take off the hydraulic line. The End fittings should allow this without twisting the line. You need two spanners!:D

/ looking for advise, I blew hydrolic line on FEL #3  
If the line is blocked with the loader down then you are going to need to block it up somehow in a position that allows you to get at the line. BE CAREFUL! Just take all the pressure off the system before you start taking things apart. You can do that by working the levers in all positions with the motor off. No bleeding is necessary. Simply repalce the hose, run it for a couple of minutes working the controls then check and top off the fluid if it needs it. I would go to a place that makes hoses rather than buying a hose with the manufacturer name on it. they probably do not stock it anyway. Any good shop can make up a hose in a few minutes.

Last edited:
   / looking for advise, I blew hydrolic line on FEL #5  
Look for a Parker Store in your area. They can match it exactly.

Paul

/ looking for advise, I blew hydrolic line on FEL
thanks ,

I just got line off, I am going to call a couple places tomorrow. I sure am glad Kubota has colored tape on the hydrolic lines 'cuz once you start unhooking them they all start to look the same! I have noticed though that the collored tape is starting to age, I think I am going to try to paint the lines before the tape disappears.....hopefully I get enough fluid off them so the paint sticks.

/ looking for advise, I blew hydrolic line on FEL #7  
thanks ,

I just got line off, I am going to call a couple places tomorrow. I sure am glad Kubota has colored tape on the hydrolic lines 'cuz once you start unhooking them they all start to look the same! I have noticed though that the collored tape is starting to age, I think I am going to try to paint the lines before the tape disappears.....hopefully I get enough fluid off them so the paint sticks.

Mark the lines with colored Tie-wraps, one on the fitting and one on the line end. :thumbsup:

/ looking for advise, I blew hydrolic line on FEL #8  
napa or carquest make my lines----just take the old one in and they will make a a duplicate. mine had higher psi ratings and was relatively inexpensive compared to Kubota

/ looking for advise, I blew hydrolic line on FEL #9  
colored tape on the hydrolic lines 'cuz once you start unhooking them they all start to look the same!

Marking the connections with a center punch also works. Last quite some time too.:thumbsup:

/ looking for advise, I blew hydrolic line on FEL #10  
Marking the connections with a center punch also works. Last quite some time too.:thumbsup:
Uh-oh. Coming soon to TBN Forums:

"Help! I punched a hole in my FEL hydraulic fitting!"

:D