Looking for an ATV for small Orchard work

/ Looking for an ATV for small Orchard work #1  

dennisB

Tractor
Rural King RK24
Any experience with the 400 to 500 size quads? I will need to tow up to 800 lbs through some soft areas (not flooded - on a slight slope).
Would be nice if I could get a 12 volt plug to operate spray equipment on a trailer.
Can you order a gear reduction from the manufacturer?
Honda seems to be highly recommended but what about other models?

/ Looking for an ATV for small Orchard work #2  
Have owned 400-450 Kawasaki and Yamaha,both had low ranges and CTV transmissions.Absolutely no problems.Will do what ever you need,own 700cc machines now and don't notice much difference in low end power.
Yamaha has the best 4WD system and transmission in the business IMHO.
Honda has great motors but lack in the 4WD and transmission department.
We have owned Kawasaki,Honda,Suzuki and currently 2 Yamahas.

/ Looking for an ATV for small Orchard work #3  
2001 Honda Foreman 450 still going strong...air cooled simple machine full-time 4x4 no high/low...just bare bones and 1st gear plenty of pull for all the farm tasks I've done over the last few years.

I know you want other advice, but hard to beat the straight rear axle, stability, reliability and comfy seat of an older Foreman...even has a factory 12v plug like you want :)

The beauty is that you can find the ES models (electric shift) selling for cheap because after 20 years that push button shift stuff doesn't work so well...less than $80 of genuine Honda parts and a long afternoon wrenching will turn it into the S foot shift model ;) That's what I did.

I use it for everything, often... even mowing!

Attachments

• 20231125_170858.jpg
    20231125_170858.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 31