Looking for best way to patch metal roof

/ Looking for best way to patch metal roof
Eddie, "Likely significant movement" that doesn't tell the story quite well enough in a good wind storm it sounds like I'm in a Junior High band class for the drummers practicing their cymbals. I understand that patching the roof is pissing in the wind but caulk is cheap and I don't mind the sweat so much as long as I can leave the glasses off. When we get the money we intend to replace the roof so it is a temporary fix but one that needs to go a year or so anyway. At least then the M9000 will be paid off or close to it and I'll have an extra $1,000 per month to play with.
Steve

/ Looking for best way to patch metal roof #22  
Hi Eddie - do you know of a good guide to metal roofing? I've got to deal with a hip roof and a square vent sticking out of the roof. I've got to up again and measure better, but the hip roof may not be exactly square, diagonal to diagonal. Plus it butts up against a wall of a taller section of the house, so I guess there is more flashing work to be done.

What you said gives me something to start with, in my mind anyway; its been a big mystery.

Thanks for contributing.

Pete