Box Scraper Looking for Biggest Box Scraper on the market - Need Advice

/ Looking for Biggest Box Scraper on the market - Need Advice #11  
Same here, our HR3584 will anchor our M8540 with Ag tires and diff lock, it is as big as I would want to go on that size tractor.

I'm guessing traction is the issue? I've been looking at Gannons a little concerned that landpride only rates the hrl at 65 HP. Is this only with the shanks down that you have issues? I also have an M8540

Dave

/ Looking for Biggest Box Scraper on the market - Need Advice #12  
An industrial 4x4 tractor that weighs 13,000lbs only uses an 84" Gannon. I doubt that any of our 10,000lb or less utility tractors can really make full use of anything much bigger. ;)

/ Looking for Biggest Box Scraper on the market - Need Advice #13  
An industrial 4x4 tractor that weighs 13,000lbs only uses an 84" Gannon. I doubt that any of our 10,000lb or less utility tractors can really make full use of anything much bigger. ;)

Yeah they seem to be very popular on skip loaders. I can get a new Gannon 84" with replaceable side plates and another 100 - 200 lbs of steel about $600 cheaper than a landpride. It seems to me a lot of people have landprides on 80 plus hp tractors with no problems. Gannon says max operating capacity of 9500 lbs which my tractor is very close too being over with fel on

Dave

/ Looking for Biggest Box Scraper on the market - Need Advice #14  
I'm guessing traction is the issue? I've been looking at Gannons a little concerned that landpride only rates the hrl at 65 HP. Is this only with the shanks down that you have issues? I also have an M8540

Dave

You're right, traction and user experience. When used properly, the HR3584 works great, but like anything it takes some getting use to. If you use the rippers all the way down or try to take too big of a bite in clay soil, you will just wind up sitting there. We have a hydraulic top link and until you get use to the proper angle, you can easily come in with too much angle and let it take too big of s bite. We are in the learning curve, my only point is that getting the "biggest" available "may" not be the "best" for some tractors. Now it still may work well as I use the HR3584 on our L5740 HSTC, you just have to be judicious on how it's used. I don't have draft control on our 5740 as I didn't think I would need it, wish I had it now.

/ Looking for Biggest Box Scraper on the market - Need Advice #15  

I was going to say just that. We have a 7' medium duty Gill/Gannon (just under a yard capacity) behind a M9540 it is plenty for that tractor. If you have a lot of dirt to move getting a 7' scraper with a little less capacity and going a little faster will get the job done quicker than struggling with one that is too big. Also remember, the Kubota's are pretty light weight for their size, those massive high-back 8' Gannons would stop it like and anchor IMO.

/ Looking for Biggest Box Scraper on the market - Need Advice #16  
I agree with MtnViewRanch and Verticaltrx, the 84" boxblade is all your tractor wants if rippers are used. If you need to move very much dirt a greater distance use a loader. Otherwise choosing a boxblade you can muscle around more easily makes more sense. I can get away with using my heavy boxblade because most of the time my scarifiers are up and I am utilizing the weight to hold a grade. While I can pull a full box of loose material (overflowing) ripping and pulling a full box in heavy clay soil would require about twice my machines weight. All in all a 7' boxblade is a respectable load on a 90 hp weighted tractor.

/ Looking for Biggest Box Scraper on the market - Need Advice #17  
Best box blade, Seen your thread and thought I at least tell ya biggest isn't always best. I use 84" FFC 440 and it's the best for my 85hp Case MXT-570/turbo with 6 way hydraulic positioning. I had 75hp Case LXT 570 and the 440 fully loaded would create rear wheel spin but MXT with turbo will completely fill box with it coming out top without affecting forward or rear performance. FFC 440 are expensive but out last about anything on market. My 01' purchased with tractor needs cutting blades replaced after 12 years & 7600 hrs. Also if you get model with replaceable sides you can repair all the wear items but without enough HP & torque it's to big for lower HP tractors.

/ Looking for Biggest Box Scraper on the market - Need Advice #18  
Best box blade, Seen your thread and thought I at least tell ya biggest isn't always best. I use 84" FFC 440 and it's the best for my 85hp Case MXT-570/turbo with 6 way hydraulic positioning. I had 75hp Case LXT 570 and the 440 fully loaded would create rear wheel spin but MXT with turbo will completely fill box with it coming out top without affecting forward or rear performance. FFC 440 are expensive but out last about anything on market. My 01' purchased with tractor needs cutting blades replaced after 12 years & 7600 hrs. Also if you get model with replaceable sides you can repair all the wear items but without enough HP & torque it's to big for lower HP tractors.

Welcome, to the Forum your right on the FFC I've been looking the 240 has a machine rating up to 20,000 lb operating weight and the 440 is like 30,000 lbs max operating weight. With that said i think when i finally pull the trigger i will just get the woods Gannon its about $600 cheaper and about 100-200 lbs lighter than the 240 FFC