Forks Looking for Bucket Forks

/ Looking for Bucket Forks #1  

Luremaker

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130HST & NH TC18
I am looking for bucket forks for my LA723 loader. I would really prefer to find them somewhere in Ontario to avoid the shipping expense. I called several dealers and none have even heard of bucket forks. Anyone know of where I may be able to pick them up in S. Ontario. Steve

/ Looking for Bucket Forks #2  
Hi Luremaker,
Welcome to TBN.
I do not know of forks available in Ontario, but decided to reply anyway.
I have a similar sized kubota, and I just purchased Payne's forks - the small ones. They are well made and really add functionallity to my FEL. Shipping wasn't too bad for me, here in Ohio. Hopefully it wouldn't be an arm and a leg to ship up your way. I learned about Payne forks from this site. If you do a search on em, you get alot more info. Here is a link to their web site: PaynesForks.com
Hope this helps,
Moon of Ohio

/ Looking for Bucket Forks #3  
One other idea is to contact Payne and ask them if maybe there are any stocking dealers in your area. I was interested in an ATI product, and then they asked me what dealers I worked with. The then told me which ones have done business with them. A little convaluted though.

Anyway, I have seen similar clamps at two different dealers in NH and MA. I was a bit suprised myself.

/ Looking for Bucket Forks #4  
Luremaker,

Where is Bruce Peninsula? I may know of a set in W. NY (about 30 miles S. of Buffalo). How far away is that for you?

You're all too high-tech for me. I just strap the pallet forks that go on the 3PH into my bucket. Works fine so long as you don't want to lift more than about 500#.

Brian

/ Looking for Bucket Forks #5  
you may want to try a local welder...I drew up some plans for forks that were custom fit for my loader...guy charged me $150 ($75 materials/$75 labor)...they fit like a glove!

/ Looking for Bucket Forks #6  
Luremaker
Have you tried Ed Stewart's. They had one of the largest selections of CUT attachments that I've seen anywhere. When I needed a part they sent me to a place in the states. So I assume they import from the states.
Stewarts Equipment
PO box #10, N0B1T0,
Erin, Ontario
Phone: 519 8339616
Phone: 519 8332253
E-mail: stewartsequip@sympatico.ca
Web Site URL: http://www.stewartsequip.com

Off the subject: Have you ever heard of RAC Lures. You must be very close to the manufacturer of Walker Downriggers.

/ Looking for Bucket Forks
pekabu,
Neither Pane or ATI could tell me if they have any local dealers.

Bczoom,
I live just north west of Owen Sound, which is about 4-1/2 hour drive north west of Niagara Falls, ON... using a set of 3pth forks may be an option. I have seen a used pair locally.

Mathey,
Great ideal! I may to try and get some plans and give that a try if I can not get a pair.

ronjhall,
It's funny, I was at Ed Stewarts's last Wednesday while I was in the area and the salesman I spoke with said they did not have any bucket forks. They did carry Harco forks but no bucket forks.

I live about an hour from Stayner, where Walker Downriggers are now manufactured. I've known Randy Ford, owner of Walker, for a number of years now. Roy Aldous (RAC Spoons, Windsor) is a fantastic spoon manufacturer. He stamps and paints almost all of his spoons personally. I purchased most of his out of production spoon dies a few years back and now stamp a few of my own spoons.

Steve

/ Looking for Bucket Forks #8  
Thomas Equipment co. They are in Canada… go to http://www.thomasloaders.com/

They have an agriculture line as well as their skid steer line… This co. makes superb powder coated attachments, at very reasonable prices.

They have pallet forks, you might check to see if they have bucket forks... KennyV.

/ Looking for Bucket Forks #9  
Steve
When I was at Stewart's the sales person sent me to the parts counter. They helped me the most.
Roy Aldous was my dock partner at Erieau Marina.

/ Looking for Bucket Forks #10  
Sorry to hear that. What I am currently doing is I bought a pair of Forklift forks for $150 locally. I have a TC24 which is smaller than your machine so I was pretty sure I would overload the bucket forks. The plan is to attach them to the loader with a pin type quick attach. More money in the long run, (Still haven't decided if I will buy, or make my own quickattach system) but for me I think it will be a stronger, more versatile system.

If I build my own system, I don't think it will be too much more money, but sometimes my projects are like government projects. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif