Looking for high BTU propane stove (camp)

/ Looking for high BTU propane stove (camp) #11  
Old Coleman 3-burner gasoline camp stove plus the adapter to feed it from your propane bulk tank. This is half again hotter than a kitchen stove.

71FKD1LM8HL._SL256_.jpg

/ Looking for high BTU propane stove (camp) #12  
Old Coleman 3-burner gasoline camp stove plus the adapter to feed it from your propane bulk tank. This is half again hotter than a kitchen stove.

71FKD1LM8HL._SL256_.jpg

Have one of those, so hot it warped the grate on the stove!

/ Looking for high BTU propane stove (camp) #13  
You can simply enlarge the burner holes by a thou or 2 and naturally re adjust the air.

They make a special set of mini drills especially for converting from (or to) propane to natural gas.
Also the mini files for cleaning welding torch tips will work.

I know it works because I have done it. (have that mini drill kit)

Note, I would only do this for a piece of outdoor equipment.
Naturally at your own risk.

/ Looking for high BTU propane stove (camp) #14  
You can simply enlarge the burner holes by a thou or 2 and naturally re adjust the air.

Actually, you'll also have to enlarge the Burner orifice spud too..You'll have to be careful not to enlarge the holes so much that ,you can't supply enough primary air to the burner

/ Looking for high BTU propane stove (camp) #15  
Have one of those, [adapter, propane to old Coleman 3-burner gas stove] so hot it warped the grate on the stove!
Yup, me too. The grate over the burner glows red and is wrinkled. But so far it hasn't sagged downward.

It sure makes camp dishwater in a hurry. Someday I'll use this for home canning too.

I see new ones are rated '24,500 BTUs on main burner alone 11,500 BTUs on main burner and 6,500 BTUs on auxiliary burners'. And I'm pretty sure using the propane adapter exceeds those numbers.

What's a kitchen stove rated, 10,000 BTU's at three burners and one at 15,000?

I think this is sufficient for what the OP wants, to sear a steak as well or better than he did indoors.

/ Looking for high BTU propane stove (camp)
You're right. I emailed the company. They said the mega-monster was for boiling large amounts of water....that the 30K BTU units would work fine for my needs.

I was glad to hear that as that opens some options for me!

/ Looking for high BTU propane stove (camp) #17  
You can buy parts from agri supply (.com), I used them when I build my beer brewing system. I use a turkey frier with a pressure canner also. It keeps the house a lot cooler I am not going full burn with it, I regulate the heat with the regulator on the hose.