Looking for info on Deutz-Fahr GP220 - the baler that doesn't exist

/ Looking for info on Deutz-Fahr GP220 - the baler that doesn't exist #11  
Been a long time and had no success online or with Deutz.
However, my neighbour's wife was cleaning out the basement and found the operating manual!

I have scanned it to preserve it, so if anyone else has a Deutz GP220 or GP520 I can supply the PDF.

A few quick official specs if anyone is looking:

The GP220 will make a hay bale 160-250kg, 120cm x 120cm (4'x4'), 20-30 per hour.
It requires 47 HP at the PTO.
The GP520 will make a hay bale 300-500kg, 120cm x 155cm (4'x5'), 15-25 per hour.
It requires 55 HP at the PTO.

Both have 1.5m pickups.

I've put about 15 bales through mine so far, until it started to rain :(
I am very impressed with the quality of the bales and the build quality of the machine.

Only complaints:
- slow tying, spends about as long tying as picking up hay
- they bales are a little small (would rather have ~800lbs) but you take what you are given.

The gp250 is super fast and uses a different twine wrap mechanism. Size typically if you have the power you can stuff a lot in a roll. The gp250 has a locking door so drive until your tractor begs. I use case pickup teeth and if a bearing fails agco is a good source.
your model is a welger I think it is a 12 and yes there are a few around.

Last edited:
   / Looking for info on Deutz-Fahr GP220 - the baler that doesn't exist #12  
I also need a copy of the GP 220 operator's manual. May I buy it from you as well, Rectifier?

/ Looking for info on Deutz-Fahr GP220 - the baler that doesn't exist #13  
However, my neighbour's wife was cleaning out the basement and found the operating manual!

I have scanned it to preserve it, so if anyone else has a Deutz GP220 or GP520 I can supply the PDF.

The GP220 will make a hay bale 160-250kg, 120cm x 120cm (4'x4'), 20-30 per hour.
The GP520 will make a hay bale 300-500kg, 120cm x 155cm (4'x5'), 15-25 per hour.

Both have 1.5m pickups.

I am very impressed with the quality of the bales and the build quality of the machine.

Only complaints:
- they bales are a little small (would rather have ~800lbs) but you take what you are given.

Hey, Just wonder if you can attach a copy of the .pdf for me please. My step dad had just purchased the baler and we can't find the manual anywhere. It would be very helpful and we would really appreciate it.
Can you either send it on here or please email me: wackojacko357@hotmail.co.uk
Thanks ALOT!
Jack

/ Looking for info on Deutz-Fahr GP220 - the baler that doesn't exist
Decided to attach it right here so anyone looking for it can get it easily as I don't come by here that often. Good luck with your baler!

Hey, Just wonder if you can attach a copy of the .pdf for me please. My step dad had just purchased the baler and we can't find the manual anywhere. It would be very helpful and we would really appreciate it.
Can you either send it on here or please email me: wackojacko357@hotmail.co.uk
Thanks ALOT!
Jack

Attachments

• GP220 manual.pdf
    8.9 MB · Views: 1,364
   / Looking for info on Deutz-Fahr GP220 - the baler that doesn't exist #15  

Both have 1.5m pickups.

Only complaints:
Hi there rectifier, would you be able to send me a pdf copy of the Deutz GP220 operators manual please. I'll got a problem with mine for the first time in over 25 years, and im struggling to solve it. Thought the manual might give me a clue. Thanks, Andy (jambalini.ap@gmail.com)