Looking for information on some different skid steer modles?

/ Looking for information on some different skid steer modles? #1  

TuckerDog16

Tractor
John Deere 3120
Will a Mustang 2076 make a good snow plow, and round bale moving unit or are they to small, and tippie. Anyone have any issues with them?

Last edited:
   / Looking for information on some different skid steer modles?
107 views and no replies! What the heck people. Mustang 2076/2086 any one run one, how are they in snow, how are they stability wise?

Anyone run a deere 325? Why does their seem to be so many with low hours for sale. Computers prone to need to replace or something?

/ Looking for information on some different skid steer modles? #3  
Where are you? I have the largest Gehl they make, Mustang is made by Gehl. It has a 55" wb and is my plowing machine. I'm up around 1800 hours and nothing but routine maint. It's the 7800 model & has a 3500#+ rating (ss's are rated @ 1/2 the tipping load) 115 HP, 5 tons and 2 speed. The long wheelbase is hard on tires but IMHO well worth it for stability, ride & load handling. I run chains for snow plowing and have a set of over the tire metal tracks for the serious grunt work in the woods or muddy conditions. I frequently see them used in the PA area for around 20-24K. That would be in "Lancaster Farming" I'd post the link but just got a mac after my pc croaked and don't know how. The folks here will respond/help if they can contribute something. Prices will vary widely from region to region and without that info it's hard to comment. I don't think my post here is what your really looking for but didn't want a newb to feel left out. :welcome: And Cat's are way overpriced!

/ Looking for information on some different skid steer modles?
Well I'm in the meth lab of upstate NY, and despite rust being the currency up here, are dealers have an absolute cartel going on their prices. It's the same way with auto's. You can go 70 miles south from here and get 1500 better prices, and it keeps getting better the further south we go. The Gehl 7810 looks like an absolute beast, but I think they way more than my14k 6' 10" dump trailer can handle. I don't even think it would fit, if it did it would probably take a bucket of KY to get it out:) Myself I think a Ghel 6640 or Mustang 2086 would be prefect for their stability given their 2500lbd operating weight, but 4' wheel base and 5' width, seems like it could be an idiot operator hazard with say even just 2k up in the air, as i'm bobbing around in a field. I also think a Mustang 2076 would do for most things with a ballast package, but a 3.6' wheel base just seems impossible to operate 2500lbd safely as they say it does?.

/ Looking for information on some different skid steer modles? #5  
I've got an old Mustang 940 and my experience with it and a couple other Mustangs is that it punches above their weight so to speak. Hydraulics are strong enough it will lift over the rated capacity, especially if I've got weights on the rear. It's got about 6k on the meter and the meter didn't work for quite a few years my grandfather used it in his business. I've had to do normal maintenance of replacing hoses and rebuilding a cylinder but otherwise it's dead nuts reliable. The Yanmar engine in it starts up and runs no matter what it seems like...

/ Looking for information on some different skid steer modles? #6  
Yes it does take a "deck over" trailer. Check out the Lancaster Farming (.com) , it might be worth a trip down the road. I've had Case, New Holland, Deere and now Gehl. They are all good machines. Never had a Bobcat and it seems the recent years (models) are highly dependent on electronics, not my favorite thing, esp to diagnose & fix.

/ Looking for information on some different skid steer modles? #7  
We have ran Mustangs for 25 years, we have a very good local dealer and have been happy with the machines we keep them to about 3000 hours and trade. Never a major issue with the mustangs. We run 2050's and 2054's as they fit our operation best they work well in snow have loaded round bails with them, a little light in the azz but a 2076 is a much larger machine and I would think they would be more than enough to handle the job.

/ Looking for information on some different skid steer modles? #8  
Have you considered a Compact Telehandler with a SSQA? They use the same attachments as a skid steer.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/bobcat-construction-equipment/160568-compact-telehandler.html

JCB 520-40 with SSQA, engine is at the rear, not on the side.
520-40.jpg Cab no AC.jpg Stock Number   E4437.jpg

Last edited: