Looking for insight into 7610hydro.

/ Looking for insight into 7610hydro. #1  

gregp

Bronze Member
I am looking at buying a new holland tc24da. A local dealer for Kubota has a 7610hydro that he thinks i need. The kubota does not have the cruise control on the Hydro that the NH does. Is this any big deal?Any insight would be helpful. I will have a loader, tiller and a t5 harley power rake.

/ Looking for insight into 7610hydro. #2  
If you are tilling or power raking large area's the cruise control is a very useful option. In a <font color="orange"> Kubota </font>you may have to look at a B2630 (new model) or B2410 to get cruise control.

/ Looking for insight into 7610hydro. #3  
Greg,

I can assure you that the B7610 DOES have cruise control. It is one of the two orange levers on the vertical dash panel. It is not as sophisticated as some of the other models. Nonetheless, you can use the lever to set a particular speed and take your foot off the pedal. Tapping the pedal disengages it.

As far as usefulness goes, I have never found a use for it, other than playing with it to see if it works. I use my tractor for finish mowing, brush hogging, tilling, snow blowing and more.

You can use the link below to see photos of my Killer B7610. Good luck, and enjoy the hunt!

/ Looking for insight into 7610hydro. #4  
My B7100HST had a similar cruise control. It did not work like my B2910 that allows me to change ground speed by pushing or pulling on handle.
My property is long and narrow. Back field is over 1000 ft long. After making several of those runs it does not take long before I'm looking for the cruise control lever.
I never use the cruise control to cut lawn. Too many obstacles to drive around.

/ Looking for insight into 7610hydro. #5  
The Kubota cruise control is more of what I would call a "lock". Once you get to the speed you want push the orange lever below and just to the right of the steering wheel down. There are 2 levers there. The one on the left is the cruise control and the one on the right is the parking brake lock.

I have never used the cruise control on my old B7100 or my new B7510 but I don't have any real long runs. I imagine it would be handy if you have a large field you are mowing or something like that.

Bill Tolle

/ Looking for insight into 7610hydro. #6  
<font color="blue"> "lock" </font>
That better explains what <font color="orange"> Kubota </font> has on tractors they do not advertise as having cruise control.
Thanks

/ Looking for insight into 7610hydro. #7  
My old memory may be incorrect, but doesn't Kubota call it a "speed set" device instead of cruise control?

/ Looking for insight into 7610hydro. #8  
Bird
It's been almost 5 years since I had my B7100.
I don't remember. But it does sound familiar.

/ Looking for insight into 7610hydro.
Thanks for the info on the "lock". Seems kinda like cruise control if not just like it with a different name. I am going to till and use a Harley power rake this summer. We have lots of new homes in the area with no new yards. I see the brochure says that the rear pto lift weight is a litttle over 1000lbs while the tc24 has 1250 lbs. The rake i will use weighs 850 lbs. Is the pto lift capacity on the 7610 accurate? What kind of luck have you had on your kubota?
The price of the NH and the Kubota are so close as to call them the same. I like the visibality of the loader with NH. Can you tell me if the Kubota has good visability? The dealer does not have a loader on his for me to look at. I am really torn between the two tractors. I f money where not so tight i would go with a NHtc29 but there is quite a big jump for the bigger model.
Do you feel the Kubota has plenty of HP for landscaping and general tilling and yard work? I have never owned a tractor with the exception of and old 9n ford that i just drove in circles(no implements, just for fun).
One more question, do you have any idea how the Kubota tractors hold there value as apposed to NH or others? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Looking for insight into 7610hydro. #10  
>>Is the pto lift capacity on the 7610 accurate?

I assume you mean the three point liting capacity. I really can't say, since the heaviest thing I lift is probably a 52" tiller, which it does quite handily.

>>What kind of luck have you had on your Kubota?

I have had no problems with my 7610. It currently has 50 hrs on it. I expect that the NH is equally trouble free on average. Keep in mind, you can find plenty of examples of lemons in all colors on this board.

>>Can you tell me if the Kubota has good visibility?

I have nothing to compare to. Having said that, I have never wished for more visibility. Maybe if I had an NH with the sloped hood I might think differently.

>> Do you feel the Kubota has plenty of HP for landscaping and general tilling and yard work?

I can't imagine needing more HP for my uses.

>> do you have any idea how the Kubota tractors hold there value as apposed to NH or others?

I don't know how the resale compares to other makes. I suspect the big three all add up much the same statistically.

To me, the tractor is every bit as much a "toy" as it is a tool. As such, my advice it to get the one that you get the most fun out of operating. They will both do the same work. But work is only part of the equation.

Good luck