Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit

/ Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit #11  
Kirkland brand is $14, but a zipper fly...

/ Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit #12  
I also buy the Kirkland brand jeans from Costco. Mainly because they're cheap. They used to be much heavier material 10-15 years ago, but like everyone else it seems, they have become thin and cheap. I can still get a few years out of them before they're bad enough to land in the rag pile.

I haven't bought Levi 501's since the 80's. They became stupid expensive and they cheapened them up compared to when I first started wearing them in the 60's.

I started wearing Duluth Trading "fire hose" cargo pants for work about 5 or 6 years ago, and they are fantastic. The "stretch" fabric ones are more comfortable due to a tighter weave (thread count?) on the fabric. The originals were like burlap sacks to wear (itchy), but they wore like iron. I've not tried their blue jeans.

I've never been able to wear Wranglers, as they have zero crotch room for "the boys".

/ Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit #13  
Fond memories of a young lady ripping open the buttons on my 501s in the 80s, but I digress.

Different 'models' of jeans have different thicknesses of material and wear. You cannot simply say brand X is tougher than brand Y. I mostly go with Sam's cheap ones nowadays. They last a few years and then become patches or shorts or dog bed stuffing.

/ Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit #14  
Another vote for. Duluth brand jeans, They are a little pricey, but once you wear them, you know they are worth it.
Tough, comfortable, often discounted in their ads.

/ Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit #15  
I find that modern levis wear out too fast when used as work pants. Usually in the knees. Maybe I kneel more than most people. I got some double front loggers pants from Baileys that cost about the same as 501s but are made from thicker material and last far longer. They make single layer pants too.

I like that Levis is progressive and working to reduce discrimination inside their company. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Their jeans are still too thin for work pants though.

/ Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit #16  
I find that modern levis wear out too fast when used as work pants. Usually in the knees. Maybe I kneel more than most people. I got some double front loggers pants from Baileys that cost about the same as 501s but are made from thicker material and last far longer. They make single layer pants too.

I like that Levis is progressive and working to reduce discrimination inside their company. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Their jeans are still too thin for work pants though.
Levis? Their pants and their loyalty are too thin for me.
Wranglers, baby! Every Cowboy wears em.

/ Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit #17  
53-24 is a hard size to find, I can guess that.

/ Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit #18  
Levis to me were always too expensive. I wore Wranglers in high school and then they went up in price so I found Mavericks. They had a high waist and fit excellent and wore excellent. Then they went out of business I guess.
Then I switched to Rustler because Kmart always had them on sale for $8. They didn't fit as well as Mavericks. Trouble was KMart never had my size. Always waist sizes like 38-50. Then Kmart went under and I buy Rustler on Amazon. They always have my size.

/ Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit
Levi's are definitely no longer work pants for me, casual wear only. I agree that fabric gets thinner and thinner... as far as their cost, it's why I've always bought a stack, I search high and low until I find somewhere that's got them uncommonly cheap and then get enough for the next many years... that's now, but I'm just not finding the size either, let alone a good price.

I may have to get one each of a few different ones and try them out for a while, but I hate getting clothes that I end up not liking...

/ Looking for jeans similar to 501 shrink-to-fit #20  
I also buy the Kirkland brand jeans from Costco. Mainly because they're cheap. They used to be much heavier material 10-15 years ago, but like everyone else it seems, they have become thin and cheap. I can still get a few years out of them before they're bad enough to land in the rag pile.
Don't have Costco's around here, but I used to like the Sam's Club Members Mark jeans. Haven't had a membership there for years (nearest store is 2+ hours away), so I don't know how they compare today.
Tractor Supply Blue Mountain ones fit well.

I don't make buying decisions on the manufacturer's politics, but I've never been able to wear Levis. They just never fit right.