Buying Advice Looking for New JD or Kubota 40-45 HP, Model suggestions?

/ Looking for New JD or Kubota 40-45 HP, Model suggestions? #11  
You can also look at the JD 5xxx series.

Couldn't agree more...my 5045d is a LOT of tractor for the money. If you don't mind a geared tranny, take a look...the 5045e with 4wd and a little more stout features can be had for a few grand more. Mine was $22k for tractor, 512 loader, 73" bucket with replaceable wear edge, 4' forks, hood guard, block heater, 16.9" wide rear tires, loaded. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that a higher end tractor would, but I guess it depends on what you want, or need. For my money, I couldn't be happier.

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ Looking for New JD or Kubota 40-45 HP, Model suggestions? #12  
Are you thinking about getting a cab?

/ Looking for New JD or Kubota 40-45 HP, Model suggestions? #14  
I was looking for the same thing. I choose a JD4105 HST with 300CX Loader. I didn't need mid-mount PTO and it was considerably less expensive than the other 4000 Series. Just over 40HP. I looked at them all and this was the best value for me. My prior tractor was a Massey Furguson and I really appreciate 4WD ant the HST on my deere.

Yep, what LouieJunior says. It has a 40.5hp Yanmar engine, power steering and handles all of my implements. 300CX on the front = round bales are not a problem. 1200 Slasher or 655 tiller on the back, again, no problem. It's less expensive than the top 3000 series too.

The only major drawback, and they tell you this 'up-front', is that there is no cab as an option. If you can live without the cab, I'd highly recommend the JD 4105.

(As a disclaimer; my 4105 is the only tractor I've ever owned or operated. :))

/ Looking for New JD or Kubota 40-45 HP, Model suggestions? #15  
I currently have a 2002 Kubota B2710 with front loader and less than 900 hours. I want to replace it with a JD or another Kubota. I need something with a little more power. What models will give me 40-45 HP in JD and Kubota? What model would you recommend? I will need a front end loader. The other implements that I will be using include a bush hog, box blade, tiller, and a planter that requires at least a 35 HP tractor (I borrow my neighbor's tractor to pull the no-till planter). What kind of value can I expect to get for my B2710?
IMHO, you should buy a tractor large enough to pull the planter yourself. That's what I would do since you are looking for a new one. And considering that you haven't stated the planter, I cannot offer recommendations on a tractor...........and others shouldn't either.

/ Looking for New JD or Kubota 40-45 HP, Model suggestions? #16  
Don, Briarwood clearly said "...a planter that requires at least a 35 HP tractor." Stating the make/model of this planter shouldn't make a difference at this stage.

If you don't feel confident to offer a recommendation, fine. We 'others' will. Many have been the thread where further information came to light later on. Briarwood has also stated that he's not new to tractors, Mate.

/ Looking for New JD or Kubota 40-45 HP, Model suggestions? #17  
Don, Briarwood clearly said "...a planter that requires at least a 35 HP tractor." Stating the make/model of this planter shouldn't make a difference at this stage.

If you don't feel confident to offer a recommendation, fine. We 'others' will. Many have been the thread where further information came to light later on. Briarwood has also stated that he's not new to tractors, Mate.
Oops, missed that:embarrassed: