Comparison Looking for opinions - new tractor purchase

/ Looking for opinions - new tractor purchase #51  
So have you made a decision yet? Or still looking.

/ Looking for opinions - new tractor purchase #52  
If you don't like the tires, get them changed. The dealer should do this either at no cost or for a low one. On the other stuff, there is no such thing as the perfect tractor. Everyone has their list of things that they would want changed on their tractor, me included. The 40HP McCormick is indeed the Kioti DK40 with different paint and a Woods loader. TYM is a very nice tractor IMO.

/ Looking for opinions - new tractor purchase
Well, after weeks of indecision, I finally bought a machine.

The auction I mentioned in post #47 in this thread, for a TYM T353HST, was indeed canceled, but I contacted the owner directly, made a deal and managed to bring the machine home late last night. It's a 2014 model, with 160 hours, complete with a TX3500 loader, SSQA bucket, Alitec forks and a Woods BB60 Brush Bull, brush hog. Total price $16k. It has a couple mechanical problems, which wouldn't have been apparent in an auction setting, so I am glad I made a private deal. I made a post about the mechanical problems in the Parts/Repair forum. The machine is a dirty, abused mess, and it's really been rescued from an owner who was pushing the machine beyond its' limits and not taking care of it very well. I intend to remedy that.

So far, even in the condition it's in, I am no less impressed by the used machine than I am a new machine. The bonus here is that I'm not worried about the first dent, ding or scratch in the paint because it's already got 'em.

I may or may not post some pictures later. :)

/ Looking for opinions - new tractor purchase #54  
Congratulations on the new (to you) tractor, and good on you for rescuing it from an undeserved early death. :thumbsup:

Pic are mandatory, of course. :D

/ Looking for opinions - new tractor purchase #55  
The TYM 2013 T503 HST cab has been an awesome tractor. When looking at tractors, it was the best bang for the buck at 28,000, having the most standard equipment and they delivered it to my home 400 miles away for free. I also own a 2006 BX24 since new and it been a good tractor, but there are a several things I despise about it, mostly piss poor engineering and design. I prefer the rocker pedals over the side by side, which I occasionally tend to press on the wrong one.

I feel you made a good decision.

/ Looking for opinions - new tractor purchase #56  
. . . I prefer the rocker pedals over the side by side, which I occasionally tend to press on the wrong one. . . .

It's refreshing to hear someone say that. Personally, either one is fine for me. I've got both types and see the advantages and disadvantages of both. But some people here seem to think that the side-by-side is inherently better.

Oh, and the TYM 503 looked like a good tractor to me. I looked at one of them before I bought my Kioti, and it had a lot of nice features. It still mystifies me why the Mahindra badged version of it (the Mahindra 5010) omitted some of the features such as the extendable lower lift arms.