Looking for owner's manual for Deutz DX160 or similar

/ Looking for owner's manual for Deutz DX160 or similar #11  
Another SK Deutz man! I haven't been here for ages, sorry.

I have almost everything fixed on the DX160... except for the PTO clutch. I would pull that back plate off and just figure it out, but I'm worried I'll end up wearing 53 litres of irreplaceable transmission oil of unknown viscosity and additive package (most DX series tractors are dead due to using improper transmission oil... mine is still going so I'm not taking any chances!)

It reliably will stop when I have a full bale in the chamber, which allows me to dump the bale without risking a re-trip of the twine arms due to the bale bouncing funny. I suspect there is a brake in there that isn't engaging, but can't find any documentation on the 160. Someday I'll drain all the oil into clean pails and pull that rear plate off that the PTO is mounted on.

I really wish I could convert it to 540 PTO but it looks like this is impossible on the 160s. All my implements are 540 which means I have to use a gearbox in the driveline, which makes everything flop around and limits my max PTO speed to about half under load... what a pain.

PM me and I'll send you an owners manual if you need one.
Have you found a DX 160 manual. I have one for my 1980 DX 160 but I tried finding a specified wt. for the transmission grease recently and it is not included anywhere in the entire owner's maual.
Transmission grease capacity is 55-60 liters. Mine is running with original grease and it feels like 80W or a bit lighter. I have changed the transmission grease filter once --on the lower right side--and the instructs are useful for rotating the filter base slightly to shut in all the grease before you remove the cannister.

Manual is 90 pages total, with a pullout wiring diagram for entire electrical. The color coded wires are the key to trying to identify a dash panel wire is you ever need to. Do not pull the dash open unless it is necessary to fix something. The fuse panel is just below the dash on my 160 . An easy little fuse cover to open, but hard to view which one might be burned.

I'm trying to order a new two line banjo eye fitting with the fuel line shut off that screws in--and leaks open, at the primary filter --for mine right now... A Duetz-Fahr dealership nearest me in MN says it's a discontinued. Will have to replace with a banjo connection w/o the shut-off .

Last edited: