Looking for R1's for a JD 2520. Anyone know where to find a set?

/ Looking for R1's for a JD 2520. Anyone know where to find a set? #11  
Wheelbase, in. (mm) 65.2 (1655)

Front Tread Range, in. (mm) 32.7 (830)

Front Axle Clearance, in. (mm) 12.5 (318.4)

Turning Radius w/Brakes, ft. (m) 7.5 (2.3)

Turning Radius w/o Brakes, ft. (m) 8.2 (2.5)

Limited Slip Differential ---

Unballasted Operating Weight, lb. (kg) ---

Approx. Ship Wgt, lb. (kg) Open; Cab 1865 (846)

Standard Tires

2WD ---

Front ---

Rear ---

MFWD ---

Front 23x8.5-12 R4

Rear 36x14.00-17.5 R4

Deadman, hey I'm not sure but if ag rims and tires from another sized deere will fit (obviously would need to be 4X4) might work?

In my reading of other deere models, the ag rims are always(mostly?) a different size than turfs or R4's..

/ Looking for R1's for a JD 2520. Anyone know where to find a set? #12  
Ag tires usually have a narrower aspect ratio than R4s, hence the usual narrower and sometimes different diameter rims to go with them.

Check with Millersburg Tire in Millersburg, Ohio. They are one of the biggest Firestone Ag tire dealers in the state. I don't have a link for you, but their phone number is 330-674-1085, or you can mail them at 7375 S.R. 39E, Millersburg, Ohio, 44854.

They may be able to come up with rims as well as tires.

/ Looking for R1's for a JD 2520. Anyone know where to find a set? #13  
For years I mowed my lawn with a JD 870 that had loaded turf rears, they never did any damage to my lawn. I also did plenty of loader work with that tractor with no problems. I would never consider getting on my lawn with R1's, those deep ruts are hard to fix up.

/ Looking for R1's for a JD 2520. Anyone know where to find a set? #14  
You need to consider load carrying capacity as I have no idea what you need there. That is very important. In fact, if you want to get me load carrying capacity of the tires that are on there now I would be happy to modify my advice.

A 23-850X12 is available in a G1 design. It these tires will carry the load, you won't need to change anything on the front end.

Your 14x175 have an overall diameter of about 36.8 inches and an overall width of about 13.8 inches. On a 4WD, the diameter is obviously the most critical dimension. The closest tire I can find to that diameter is a Firestone Radial 4000 in size 300-70R20. This tire has an overall diameter of 37.0 inches and an overall width of 11.42.

Hope this helps.

/ Looking for R1's for a JD 2520. Anyone know where to find a set? #15  
Trade that machine on a different model that you can get with R1's and a zero turn mower with turfs to use on the lawn. Good performance on a lawn and in mud/snow is not possible with one machine or tire type. If this is not an option, consider getting loaded turfs which will be easier on the lawn than unloaded R4's and add chains for off-lawn work.

/ Looking for R1's for a JD 2520. Anyone know where to find a set? #16  
Get an electric tire grooving tool and cut out every other bar on your R4s.

ron

/ Looking for R1's for a JD 2520. Anyone know where to find a set?
My buddys got a tire cutter, and I'd consider cutting these suckers to pieces! I'm just afraid of cutting too deep.

Thanks guys, I'll do some more checking tomorrow! :)

I have a phone call into Millsburg tire in Ohio. The guy thought I was on crack when he asked for my phone number. He's like, where the heck is that phone number from? When I said WI, he seemed shocked! :D
Hopefully he calls back! :cool:

Tire guys called me back, and they don't have any options in an aig tire for my 2520. This is unbelievable........:mad:
The guy was awesome and very helpful (thanks for the hook-up), but I just can't believe there isn't any more options with this tire size.

He did have one tire that would have worked, but it was only rated for a little over 1,000 lbs per tire. Theres no way I can take these off that are rated at like 3,600 lbs and swap for that much less of a tire.......he even agreed.

Does anyone know if any of the other deere wheels would bolt up to a 2520? The reason I ask is because they said if I can't find a JD wheel that'll bolt up in a different size, then I'll have to get custom wheels made. Custom wheels are a fortune, so thats not realistic.

Dang this is sure harder than in needs to be! :D