Looking for rear blade with hydraulic angle

/ Looking for rear blade with hydraulic angle #11  
He wanted hydraulics cheaply. Hydraulics do not equal cheap. But doing the upgrades in steps makes the pain easier sometimes. I was more or less getting at possibly buying a non-hydraulic blade and adding eyelets for the cylinders or buying a ratchet adjustable blade and swapping out the ratchets for cylinders when needed could be an option.

On Land Pride RBT series blades, parts are line items. The up grade from manual to hydraulic is minimal. I am pretty sure that he said hydraulic angle "I really want a hydraulic cylinder to change the angle. " Which is why I recommended what I recommended.

As far as getting a std manually adjusted blade and making it hydraulic, can be done, that's for sure, many people have. Really only cost effective if the fabrication can be done at zero labor cost though.

The RBT series blades are great, I have one. Several options for the OP to choose from. ;)

/ Looking for rear blade with hydraulic angle #12  
Sounds good, good discussion too.

/ Looking for rear blade with hydraulic angle #13  
I'm with MtnVR on this one. I have found my Land Pride RBT40 series to be a great blade and I think the RBT35s are terrific as well. Mine does have the hydraulic offset and angle with a ratchet for blade tilt. If the RBT35 series is the right fit for your tractor look for a used or season left over deal. The Frontier shown above seems pricey to me and it might be a rebadged Bison(Mexico made) which aren't bad blades but if I remember correctly there was an issue in being able to easily angle both directions. If price is a problem do your best to find deal and I would use a Land Pride RBT35 to measure it up specifications wise.

/ Looking for rear blade with hydraulic angle #14  
I picked up a Taylor way 8500. It came with rachets on tilt ,angle, & offset. Put 3.5x8 cylinders on angle &tilt. Works great .Picked it up new for $1650.00at local Masssey dealer. Of all the blades I looked at , it was the heaviest made and by far the cheapest. Mine is 8ft , but also made in 7ft.

/ Looking for rear blade with hydraulic angle
Do I have this right...
The RB3784 can use a hydraulic cylinder for angle with manual tilt and offset.
The RBT3584 can have all three hydraulic.
The RB3784 is about half the price of an RBT3584. This might be the one for me.
The Woods HBL84-2 does not have provisions for hydraulic cylinders.

I realize there are other models above $2000 that have hydraulic capability. That's out of my price range.
I would like to spend around $1500 for the blade and one cylinder. Is that possible?

Thanks for all the help.
Tom

/ Looking for rear blade with hydraulic angle #17  
I'm not sure that you can get that blade for under $2000. :confused3: I'm pretty sure that the hydraulic kit is about $300. When you order the blade, get the skid shoes, they really do help out. :thumbsup:

Get the blade and skid shoes, you can have the cylinder and a hose kit from me for about $200 and that will be a welded cylinder instead of a tie rod cylinder that Land Pride provides.

Attachments

• P5080001.JPG
    P5080001.JPG
    406.3 KB · Views: 211
   / Looking for rear blade with hydraulic angle
This is what I ended up with. A LandPride RB3796 with hydraulic angling and skid shoes. It was $1940 including the two options.
So far I'm very happy with it.
FYI, the hydraulic kit includes the cylinder, hoses, a 1/2" thick steel plate, and adapters, but doesn't include quick attach fittings. They were $20 at TSC.
There is no provision for hydraulic offset or tilt, which was fine with me.
Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions.

Tom

20141027_124351[1].jpg