Looking for reference...Barnett Tractor Company, Inc.

/ Looking for reference...Barnett Tractor Company, Inc. #1  

ProFord

Tractor
2000 Century 2035
Barnett Tractor Company, Inc.
New Market, AL 35761
Looking maby to go down to look at a YM2020D with loader. Has anyone used this place just looking for any feedback. Does anyone know of any dealers(Repbutable) for Yanmar closer to Central KY with a tractor this size. I know its a shot in the dark but any comments will be truly helpful.;)

/ Looking for reference...Barnett Tractor Company, Inc. #2  
I have not bought a tractor directly from them, but the 1700 I have came from them thru an individual. It has given me very good service.

Have you checked with http://fredricksequipment.com/. They are just down I-65. You could probably be there before you could get to Barnetts since they are so far out in the country. They also have a lot larger inventory. They are exellent to deal with.

/ Looking for reference...Barnett Tractor Company, Inc. #3  
And Fredricks will deliver, if you need that also. And I don't think Barnett does. Don't get me wrong, I have never dealt with Barnett, so don't know much about them. When I bought one, I got it from Maynard, on my way to Barnett, so never got there.

/ Looking for reference...Barnett Tractor Company, Inc. #4  
I have dealt with Bill for several years. He has been a very good dealer to buy from. His equipment is as advertised. If he says it's a good one it is. If it is rough, he will tell you before you make a trip. He has always helped with problems after the sale. There are many good dealers, he is one of them.

/ Looking for reference...Barnett Tractor Company, Inc. #5  
I bought a YM2020D from Bill 2 years agao. The tractor is a really clean one. That’s what he said and it was true. I have had several questions which bill answered for me but no problems with the tractor. Bill’s place is off the beaten path for sure but I found it worth the trip.

/ Looking for reference...Barnett Tractor Company, Inc. #6  
Central KY puts you within striking distance of Wayne at Little Miami Trading Company in Blanchester, OH. People rave about him and his tractors and from what I can gather on this board he is very honest. I've never purchased from him so I don't know about follow through but like I said he has a loyal following.

/ Looking for reference...Barnett Tractor Company, Inc. #8  
As I recall Danville is just about the geographic center of Kentucky.
Danville to Blanchester, OH= 156 miles
Danville to Tullahoma, TN= 211 miles
Danville to New Market, AL= 308 miles

However, KDOT says the center is 3 miles from Lebanon, KY, so....
Lebanon to Blanchester, OH= 180 miles
Lebanon to Tullahoma, TN= 237miles
Lebanon to New Market, AL= 278 miles

I would be among the last to argue that distance alone should make such a decision; there are other, probably more important factors to consider as well. My typical advice is pick the dealer based on history, reputation, price, selection, etc, then get REFERENCES....some old, some new. Contact them...everyone has a problem eventually. Find out what the follow up is like. That will tell you more than anything about how happy you will be 6 months or a year from now. A year from now several hundred dollars in price difference will be all but forgotten, especially if you have a problem and the dealer comes through for you.

With all that said, Bill Barnett is an honest, reputable dealer IMO. That means he would be a good dealer to buy from; it doesn't mean he is the best dealer for YOU to buy from. Good luck.

/ Looking for reference...Barnett Tractor Company, Inc. #9  
I looked at Tullahoma, on the Internet. I found a couple that I thought I would be interested in, and they sent me some pictures. I wouldn't have them. They were dented had covers missing and paint looked bad. I told them I thought they looked kind of bad, and they said they don't do anything at all with the looks, but they should be in good working order. And they would stand behind them if they went bad, in the first few months, but I would have to pay the shipping, even if it was a faulty tractor. I didn't think that was really fair, as if its bad and then it seems to me its their fault, and they should not only fix it, but ship it free. But that is me. I would not buy from them though, as I like my tractors to look at least half way good. I'm not knocking them though as I have never dealt with them, except as I just said.

/ Looking for reference...Barnett Tractor Company, Inc.
Thanks all to have posted a response. It is definitly a big help. BTW, Im 20 min from Lebanon,ky.....LOL I guess I am close to the center.:D I still havent decided what I will do. I looked at a 2003 model Century 2035....356 hrs with 4wd power steering and a C-50 loader yesterday with a asking price of $7000 So I jusst dont know. Im not finding a lot of info on the net pertaining to this modlel of 2035. I never knew buying a tractor would be such a HUGE task(so many varibles) especially the $$$...they all are so expensive.