Looking for source on magnet "tree" for hyd oil reservior

/ Looking for source on magnet "tree" for hyd oil reservior #1  

m5040

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6040 L2250, JohnDeere 310D, Ford 841 Elenco, Ford 961, Trapmaster, PT180 w/LM bucket and 45" brush cutter, PT1430 Deutz w/grapple bucket, Antonio Carraro Tigrecar 6500. John Deere 5300. Former owned Steiner 430 max, Goldoni REV Maxter 7
As the title says, any know of sources for the group of magnets that hang down into oil reservoirs? I am about to change the oil on a old PT1430 and would like to drill/tap the cover and have removable magnets to filter out the steel in the oil flow. I use stainless wire now and just hang one down from the dipstick and it works ok but...

1703596983822.jpeg

/ Looking for source on magnet "tree" for hyd oil reservior #2  
IIRC, @SpringHollow made up the stick and plate himself. FWIW: You can get the disc magnets on Amazon.

I think that @SpringHollow is the expert, but the commercial ones that I have seen have short, non-magnetic washers separating the magnets for better field diameters (broader volume of oil filtered). I have seen designs with steel and nonmagnetic separators that look like they might work well, but a real pain to clean.

All the best,

Peter

/ Looking for source on magnet "tree" for hyd oil reservior #3  
Lenz corporation & LDI Industries both make magnet trees for reservoirs

I believe other companies do also.

Last edited: