Looking for specs on pump motor

/ Looking for specs on pump motor #1  

Tchamp

Silver Member
Tractor
Power trac PT-2422
I’m trying to find out the specs for the pump motor on the 48 inch mower or the 48 inch brush hog for the PT 2425.

I am wanting to get a mower deck or 4 foot brush hog and modify it to use on the front of my 2425. I want to use it for clearing lines in the woods for deer hunting, mowing down briar patches and being able to lift up the mower deck over brush, cut it down, and be able to reach down and cut the sides of the ditches. I am looking to get a pump motor to put a love joy coupler to drive the mower deck. If anyone has the specs or model numbers from the pumps rom the PT mowers it would be greatly appreciated.
IMG_2719.JPG
here is a photo of the deck I have that I want to put a hydraulic motor to. I know it’s kinda rough but I honk I can make a good mower for my PT. For just a few hundred dollars outside of the quick attach.

Last edited:
   / Looking for specs on pump motor #2  
I’m trying to find out the specs for the pump motor on the 48 inch mower or the 48 inch brush hog for the PT 2425.

I am wanting to get a mower deck or 4 foot brush hog and modify it to use on the front of my 2425. I want to use it for clearing lines in the woods for deer hunting, mowing down briar patches and being able to lift up the mower deck over brush, cut it down, and be able to reach down and cut the sides of the ditches. I am looking to get a pump motor to put a love joy coupler to drive the mower deck. If anyone has the specs or model numbers from the pumps rom the PT mowers it would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 838875 here is a photo of the deck I have that I want to put a hydraulic motor to. I know it’s kinda rough but I honk I can make a good mower for my PT. For just a few hundred dollars outside of the quick attach.

I would go at this differently. That looks like a 540RPM PTO. I would look for a motor that turns at 540RPM at whatever the hydraulic flow is on your PTO. There are lots of calculators online to convert motor cu.in./rev to gallons/minute, and vice versa.

That is what I did for my 540RPM PTO chipper that I adapted for my 1445. I bought a 540 splined motor from central surplus, made a small adapter and that was it. (I wanted to add a shock plate between the motor and the chipper to reduce chipping shock back to the motor.)

All the best,

Peter

/ Looking for specs on pump motor
I would go at this differently. That looks like a 540RPM PTO. I would look for a motor that turns at 540RPM at whatever the hydraulic flow is on your PTO. There are lots of calculators online to convert motor cu.in./rev to gallons/minute, and vice versa.

That is what I did for my 540RPM PTO chipper that I adapted for my 1445. I bought a 540 splined motor from central surplus, made a small adapter and that was it. (I wanted to add a shock plate between the motor and the chipper to reduce chipping shock back to the motor.)

All the best,

Peter

The deck was a direct shaft for a yazoo mower, it runs around as a normal mower deck does, not a bush hog. But I am considering buying a 4 foot bush hog buying a pto motor to run it, along with fabricating an attachment for a three point setup, also to maybe run other implements from a small tractor.

/ Looking for specs on pump motor #4  
They used the Parker MGG series for that. 0.6 displacement is what I used to convert a chipper. 0.58 is available now at surplus center. Close enough. There are compatible knock offs for the Parker.

Assuming the yazoo was gas, direct drive you're looking for up to 3600rpm. If diesel more like 2500-3k.

/ Looking for specs on pump motor
They used the Parker MGG series for that. 0.6 displacement is what I used to convert a chipper. 0.58 is available now at surplus center. Close enough. There are compatible knock offs for the Parker.

Assuming the yazoo was gas, direct drive you're looking for up to 3600rpm. If diesel more like 2500-3k.

Thank you.