Looking for super hard substance/filler

/ Looking for super hard substance/filler #31  
Belzoni is a millable and drillable metal epoxy. We have used that stuff for the center pin bushings on loaders with 1yard buckets.

/ Looking for super hard substance/filler
Belzoni is a millable and drillable metal epoxy. We have used that stuff for the center pin bushings on loaders with 1yard buckets.
Belzona looks great. 13000 psi compressible strength.

I was trying to make it simpler, but in starting to lean towards previous advice of flipping the rail. I took another look today, and it's maybe an hour to two worth of work, and I think I can manage not to screw it up.

I appreciate all the feedback, I learned a lot about potentially magic substances.

/ Looking for super hard substance/filler #33  
We know what the track looks like, but what do the wheels look like? Might clear up what the actual weight bearing surface is and any wear marks could provide some useful info.

/ Looking for super hard substance/filler #34  
Remove both tracks and either flip them around if the other ends have steel all the way to the ends, or chop off the part that is missing steel, then screw them back down butting steel against each other. Add nothing. Subtract instead.

X 2. :thumbsup:

/ Looking for super hard substance/filler
The steel inserts went back where they belonged after I flipped the rail. Took a little hammering, but it all worked out.
Took about 2 hours including unloading and reloading a shelf

Thanks again for all the feedback, and making me renounce my laziness (really, this was probably the quickest way to do it anyway)

Nonetheless, the other track now has a small.. maybe a sub-millimeter gap (i think it was there before).
The shelf mostly rolls through it, but gets stuck if rolling very slowly.

I will try some of the stuff discussed in the thread in the quest for perfection.

New joint
20181201_171317.jpeg

For those requesting picture of wheel.
20181201_172633.jpeg

Last edited: