Looking for the "ideal" rotary cutter

/ Looking for the "ideal" rotary cutter #1  

2manyhorses

for a new M5040. We have some hilly terrain with new rocks that sprout up overnight. The wider cut swath, the better; tires are filled and FEL on front. Want to maximize my cutting power without straining the tractor.
Your experience, please.
Thanks

/ Looking for the "ideal" rotary cutter #2  
I pull a twin spindle 84" Bush Hog behind a Grand L5030 - roughly the same engine hp as your tractor, but I think slightly less pto hp (my tractor is an hst). On hills, in thick grass, my tractor pulls the mower, but it is occasionally a strain. I'm not an experienced tractor guy, but my intuition tells me that 84" is probably the widest mower that you would be happy with on hilly ground. My mower is a medium duty model.

/ Looking for the "ideal" rotary cutter #3  
2manyhorses said:
for a new M5040. We have some hilly terrain with new rocks that sprout up overnight. The wider cut swath, the better; tires are filled and FEL on front. Want to maximize my cutting power without straining the tractor.
Your experience, please.
Thanks

2 ways.

1) Look up your PTO HP and shop the various companies. Woods, Bushog, landpride, king kutter, etc.

2) Look in the owners manual to see what Kubota says is the max. The Kubota max is probably going to be smaller than the pto based max, they seem to be conservative. Probably assuming that you don't have a FEL or loaded tires, etc.

jb

/ Looking for the "ideal" rotary cutter #4  
These are great. Basically a no-name brand, thicker steel than Woods Bush Bulls (and others I presume), higher CAT grade drivelines and you won't pay for that well known name. Made in Minneapolis.:D I have a 48" Economy and, in its second season, I love it.