Looking to be Offended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Looking to be Offended? #1  

Cityboyfarmer

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200D; JD 5205 MFWD w/522 Loader
I think some folks are just looking for an excuse to be offended. Somebody makes a post about a problem with their brand of tractor, there’s always someone taking offense and defending their machine. Poke fun at an activity somebody enjoys, like golf, there’s always one guy who gets offended. Motor vehicle discussions? Don’t even go there! “Them’s fightin’ words” for some folks. Sometimes it feels like you have to tip toe around certain subjects or avoid them altogether to avoid offending some tender soul.

It seems like we have become the “culture of the offended”.

Thoughts? Comments?

/ Looking to be Offended? #2  
John...I tried to think of something to say in response to your post but I was afraid I might upset someone.... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Looking to be Offended? #3  
You been a naughty boy by the sounds /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ Looking to be Offended?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You been a naughty boy by the sounds /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif )</font>

I find your assumption offensive! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Looking to be Offended? #5  
It's the net. In real life people have to watch what they say or there can be real consequences. I can remember when I was a little younger giving a guy an unwise hand signal in traffic. Around the corner he forces me off the road and jumps out of his car with a gun. Said he was a cop but he could have told me he was Santa Clas and I would have still said yes sir, Checked my license and registration and told me to get out of town. It was a good life lesson for me and I have be much more careful about making hand signals and try to avoid Philly. On the net you can say anything and no one has a gun.

Chris

/ Looking to be Offended? #6  
I've got a gun, so don't offend me!!! Hey, what's that hand signal you just did? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Looking to be Offended? #7  
Are you offended by that type of behavior? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Looking to be Offended? #8  
Wow, am I the reason for this post? If so I guess I can try to explain it to you.

How would you like it if you had a lot of people constantly tell you that what you enjoy is wrong. That hunting is cruel and inhumane. How would you like it if you had to fight every day to keep something that you enjoy? Then you come home and sit down and relax and what do you see, multiple post about how hunting is illogical.

Up here in New York State, the hunters are constantly fighting to keep our right to hunt. Every time we start to relax we have some new group lobbying for our state to ban one form of hunting or another. New York is run by a bunch of Democrats who care mostly about the city and nothing else (oh yeah, we also have the former first lady helping us because she cares about New York/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif). There isn't a day that goes by that there is not an article or a news story that deals with hunting, fishing or raising deer and it is usually a negitive article. You start to lose your sense of humor about certain things. I did not reply to your first thread about your thoughts on hunting as I understood where you were coming from. But the second thread got me. Wasn't the first thread good enough? Why push the subject by starting another thread? Oh yeah, you were being funny. Isn't it funny how we can push our agenda's on others via the web and use humor as a mask?

Oh well, I have said enough on this subject. Take care and enjoy the day however you see fit.

/ Looking to be Offended? #9  
<font color="blue"> How would you like it if you had a lot of people constantly tell you that what you enjoy is wrong. </font>

I think i might just sit up and listen , there might just be a valid point if lots ar----------------I'm out of here

/ Looking to be Offended? #10  
I just got finished searching for a post that I made 2 years ago, and in the process, I stopped to read a lot of old posts that were made about different subjects that I responded to, or someone else responded to my questions. In reading those posts from 2003 & 2004, I noticed one common thread. People were a lot more relaxed and laid back. Humor was more a part of the posts and no one seemed to take angry stands about anything. I read about people loosing pets, acquiring pets, getting rid of pests, new tractors, old tractors, dead tractors, and the one common thread that occurred in all of these posts were people were genuinely cordial and friendly. I don't see that happening as much any longer. Seems that there is a lot more squabbling going on and people are on edge about everything that is written. At the rate things are going, I don't see our community as the cohesive unit that it once was. I can see your anger because you love hunting. I can see how others don't agree with hunting. I won't pick sides on the issue, but I will say that we all must be tolerant of each others views, or we will have a civil war going in the near future. I understand why TBN doesn't allow discussions of politics, or religion. Possibly we should add hunting to the list, since it is now a political issue, by your own admission. As other subjects start to evoke strong emotional posts, they should also be added to the list.. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.