Comparison Looking to buy 35hp tractor

/ Looking to buy 35hp tractor #1  

lleonards

Tractor
CT235
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and looking for some ideas on purchasing a new cut.
I have had my eye on the jd 3038e for some time and was quoted a price with loader for 16,800. Today I stopped to look at the bobcat brand ct235 and was given a price of 16000 with free loader (outside financing). I noticed that the 235 looked a lot heavier than the jd 3038 and had more options, loader capacity, etc.. It actually looked more comparable to a jd 20 series for a lot less money. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

/ Looking to buy 35hp tractor #2  
Well, my standard answer is to look at all of the major brands to see which one in which model fits you and your needs best; all make good tractors.

/ Looking to buy 35hp tractor #3  
The Bobcat is the same tractor as the Kioti CK35 and they are very well built tractors with very strong attachments and the best warranty in the business. They are definitely comparable and just as reliable as the big three. I have almost 400 hours on my 2006 model with nothing but routine maintenance.
As mentioned, test drive the tractors as well as the dealers and find the one your most comfortable with. They all get the job done and do it very well.

Listing what you need the tractor for and what tasks you have will give everyone a good idea of what you need in a tractor for recommendations.

/ Looking to buy 35hp tractor #4  
The CT235 is one heck of a tractor. The best that I can suggest is to try and compare all specs and equipment. Some makes have a lot of std equipment that may be optional with other makes and models. Try to look at as many brands as possible. Most all the makes are pretty good now days, but dealer support can be a problem, so be sure to scrutinize all dealers and their capabilities.

Good luck shopping and don't be afraid to ask questions. ;)

/ Looking to buy 35hp tractor #5  
The light weight of the JD products in this price range is what turned me away when I bought. If I were to buy a tractor to replace my 28HP tractor today it would be the Bobcat you are looking at for a couple reasons.

First, I have a large dealer less than 7 miles from my home. Second the specs. And lastly its one heck of a buy.

Chris

/ Looking to buy 35hp tractor #6  
I was in the same situation and looked at almost every brand and went with the Bobcat but moved up to the CT335 from the 235 mostly due to how much more comfortable it felt and the extra room when on the machine. I dont have the tractor yet but will be picking it up from Wallace Tractor this Sunday. For the money not many of the other brands seem to offer as much as the Bobcats when you factor in the promotions they currently have.

/ Looking to buy 35hp tractor #7  
I'd suggest you look at the value of each brand on the used market. Makes a big difference down the road if you want to trade up, or sell it. For some reason, JD green holds its value very well. :)

Otherwise, several good tractor brands that many are satisfied with, and the dealer is very important in your future. I know what I will stick with. :D

PS My Deere dealer is also a Bobcat saleslady, and one of the nations top sellers at that. She's looking for a JD utility for a friend of mine now, but says that used are very hard to come by. People who have them don't want to give them up.

/ Looking to buy 35hp tractor #8  
Went green here because it was what was available used at a good price. Equal machines at an equal price and I would have bought Kubota because of close proximity to an excellent dealer. If you've got a good dealer, chances are they will make sure you have a good tractor no matter what the color.

/ Looking to buy 35hp tractor
I will be using the tractor to do yardwork, driveway, dirtwork and food plots. My local jd dealer as well as kubota dealer are only 10 min. away, bobcat dealer is 1 hour. The kubota dealer didnt seem interested in making a deal and the jd dealer doesnt have any in stock and was told it may be August until they do. I have been to the bobcat dealer twice and both times have been treated excellent and they seem eager to make a deal.
I was able to test drive a 3032e w/loader today at a dealer next to bobcat. The 3032 was very light and was able to spin the tires on concrete with an empty loader, as well as the loader would not lift the front of the tractor off the ground ::(. When I test drove the ct235, I was very impressed at the options on this tractor that were not available on the 3032. Also, the loader easily picked the front end off the ground and was amazed at how much beefier the drivetrain was on the ct235.
Does anyone know how much difference the few hp makes on the ct225 ($14000), ct230 ($15000) and ct235 ($16000)?

/ Looking to buy 35hp tractor #10  
.......I was able to test drive a 3032e w/loader today at a dealer next to bobcat. The 3032 was very light and was able to spin the tires on concrete with an empty loader, as well as the loader would not lift the front of the tractor off the ground .......

Me thinks you were not curling the bucket down when trying to lift the front end, or were in float.
'Cause it will lift the front end. :) But with the bucket curled up, then at its lowest point, it is in position to just take the weight off the front end. Hope you are familiar with FEL's.

And a load in the bucket, with no ballast on the rear, will spin the tires. That is a reason for 4wd. :)

They are light weight for reasons.

Don't care a bit if you go Bobcat tho. :D