Buying Advice Looking to buy a Mahindra lookin for feedback

/ Looking to buy a Mahindra lookin for feedback #1  

5GRanch

Tractor
NA
I am new here but have browsed a bit on the subject of getting a tractor. My wife and i just bought 5.5 acres and are looking to buy more later so want a tractor that will handle 25 acres of pasture and be able to move round bails from place to place with ease as well as till in order to plant grass and various gardens. Really looking at a Mahindra due to the price and standard features they have that most places make you pay for. But no sold completely and can稚 find anyone who has dealt with cliff jones dealer in Sealy TX. So would love any feedback i can get regardless of you preference

/ Looking to buy a Mahindra lookin for feedback #2  
I looked at them all, Mahindra, LS, JD, TYM and so on. The Mahindra dealer sold LS also. He said he sold 10 LS to every 1 Mahindra. He mentioned fading paint etc. on the Mahindra. My point is, look at a few brands before you get stuck on just 1. There all good tractors. There should be lots of dealers in Texas and options if you don't mind driving a little. Here's an LS dealer close to you and don't rule out the Green Machines also, you might be surprised what you can get for the price of a Mahindra

Name Brazos Tractor and Equipment
Address 1304 North Brooks Street
Brazoria, TX 77422
Phone 979-798-1258
Country United States
Distance 28.2 miles

/ Looking to buy a Mahindra lookin for feedback #3  
I bought a 4035 Mahindra and i am realy happy with it so far. It has about 140 hrs on it. I had two hydraulic couplings back off just enough to leak a little fluid when i first ran the tractor hard all day. They only needed snugging up and no more trouble. I had a Kubota dealer very close to me but they wanted more for less tractor. The only thing i regret is not buying the 5035 instead.

/ Looking to buy a Mahindra lookin for feedback #5  
Look at and sit on as many different brands of tractors as you can. While there are no "BAD" tractors out there, there is a big difference in where they place the controls and seats. Find the one that fits you best.

/ Looking to buy a Mahindra lookin for feedback
I bought a 4035 Mahindra and i am realy happy with it so far. It has about 140 hrs on it. I had two hydraulic couplings back off just enough to leak a little fluid when i first ran the tractor hard all day. They only needed snugging up and no more trouble. I had a Kubota dealer very close to me but they wanted more for less tractor. The only thing i regret is not buying the 5035 instead.

thanks for the feed back I really appreciate it I am open to all brands but like mentioned "more for less tractor" and do plan to drive them all just really been reading up on the Mahindra and intrigued by what they advertise. why do you regret not getting the 5035 if you don't mind me asking? are there some tasks that the 4035 just doesn't handle well?

/ Looking to buy a Mahindra lookin for feedback #7  
I bought a Mahindra 4025 4WD with the front end loader last summer. I absolutely love this tractor. I've used it a lot in just a year trying to get the farm I just purchased back into the beautiful condition it was in before being neglected by the previous owner for a number of years. I've had no problems whatsoever and am really glad I chose Mahindra. I looked at several other brands and would definitely purchase another Mahindra. Make sure you are buying from a reputable dealer, because that makes a huge difference. Good luck!

/ Looking to buy a Mahindra lookin for feedback
that's something I am dealing with as well, I cant judge the dealer. obviously you can see reviews on the website but how can I be sure that is not their employees just talking good about the place.I am hoping some people on here have delt with the Mahindra dealer in Sealy TX directly and can give some feedback.

/ Looking to buy a Mahindra lookin for feedback #9  
I wouldn't be too concerned about the dealer, there will always be a dealer fairly close to warranty the tractor if that is your fear.
I bought my JD from a dealer 80 miles away and never stepped foot in the dealership. Did the whole deal over the phone and e-mail and they delivered it.

/ Looking to buy a Mahindra lookin for feedback #10  
thanks for the feed back I really appreciate it I am open to all brands but like mentioned "more for less tractor" and do plan to drive them all just really been reading up on the Mahindra and intrigued by what they advertise. why do you regret not getting the 5035 if you don't mind me asking? are there some tasks that the 4035 just doesn't handle well?

Well, for me the 4035 was a compromise. I maintain a 600acre hunting lease so i wanted a "bigger" tractor. But i also have to mow 4-5 acres of grass. I was looking at a zero turn also turn but i couldnt afford both. I went with the 4035 and 6' Woods finish mower. I felt like the 4035 wouldnt tear up the lawn as much as the 5035. I dont regret my purchase but ive often wished i couldve tried out the 50 horse. That said this 40 horse has impressed me with its power and usability. Mine will handle most all 6' implements with amazing ease. I dont think you could go wrong with it but if you dont have any delicate work to do i would take a hard look at the 50.