Looking to buy B20

/ Looking to buy B20 #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have always wanted to own a Kubota since I used one for a summer job in university (it also doesn't help my neighbour has one!). Well the time has come that I can now afford one and I believe will need one. I am building a house this summer on 56 acres and I am trying to determine if purchasing a 1995 B20 with a 1000hrs for $21,000 Canadian ($14,500 USD) is worthwhile. The downpayment that I am planning to place on it could go to contractors doing similar jobs (ditch for water pipes, electrical, landscaping, gravel, driveway, etc.). I know the Kubota has a good resale value and the quality is second to none. My question is this price good? What is the life expectancy for this module if I take care of it? After house construction, I will use it for clearing the driveway, moving small trees, collecting firewood, making a path to the lake, cutting grass, gardening, etc.
Thanks.

/ Looking to buy B20 #2  
Kyle,
I did a lot of shopping for a B20/B21 to use for the same types of things you have planned. Ended up with a B21, 400 hrs, for $18000 USD. From what I found, in the Southeast US, the hours are a bit high for that price. Prices are very different in different areas so I would say it depends on the tractors condition. You didn't say, but I am guessing the B20 you are looking at has a backhoe.

These are great little machines and should be able to do all you mentioned. Do get a tractor rather than hire out the work. You will find hundreds of reasons you need it in the future. Good luck.

Mark