Looking to buy backhoe....Anyone know where a decent one can be found reasonable?

/ Looking to buy backhoe....Anyone know where a decent one can be found reasonable? #1  

manwithplan46151

Tractor
1979 550c
Hi guys. I bought a Komatsu dozer as my first peice of equipment. I am on a tight budget and am now looking for a backhoe. The backhoe I am looking for should be $9000 or less. Anyone got one? Or got recomendations on where to look? And what to look for. Just need a small one. Not looking for a monster. Need one simple to haul on 12,000# trailer. Thx in advance. Please PM me if you got one. Im in Ky but willing to travel up to 300 miles. Thx

/ Looking to buy backhoe....Anyone know where a decent one can be found reasonable? #2  
A 12k trailer kinda limits you in that price range. Most older but good how's in that price range are 12k alone. Unless you go older "tractor with an attachment" style, or newer to get smaller. But newer and smaller is likely going to cost more than your budget

/ Looking to buy backhoe....Anyone know where a decent one can be found reasonable? #3  
a good small backhoe will cost way more than 9K. I looked for several years for a BH that was cheap and in good shape.
I don't think that cheap and good shape is available in one machine. finally bought a new backhoe for my in good shape tractor. cost almost what you want to spend on a TLB.
If you don't mind doing a lot of mechanical work and maintenance, you might find a small excavator that would work at a rental place selling one off.

Good Luck

/ Looking to buy backhoe....Anyone know where a decent one can be found reasonable? #4  
a good small backhoe will cost way more than 9K.

Good Luck

Yep. Exactally what I am saying.

BUT...if you know what to look for, 9k buys a darn nice larger machine. Case 580's, deere 500's, Ford 555's, etc. Of the 1970's-1980's vintage. Great machines for the money. But the 12k pound limit is the whole issue.

/ Looking to buy backhoe....Anyone know where a decent one can be found reasonable? #5  
We have a 655A that was purchased for 10k. Low hour pretty tight machine for its age. Year after purchase had to put TC, pump, and seal in it. Parts were $600 labor was traded for labor. It was a condition we were told of on purchase so not a big deal. It would definitely own a 12k trailer though. 12k would be a pretty light machine. Why a backhoe? My friend bought a 302.5 cat mini I found for 10k. That mini is extremely capable with an experienced operator amazes me to watch his father operate it.

/ Looking to buy backhoe....Anyone know where a decent one can be found reasonable? #6  
Paid about double that for my Deere 110 and it fits nicely on a 12k trailer...

/ Looking to buy backhoe....Anyone know where a decent one can be found reasonable? #7  
x3 here on your trailer... Older 'hoe is a heavy 'hoe! Good buddy bought a 7000+ hour JD301 for $8500 last year. I'd like to think that backhoe model is around 12.5K pounds. Neighbor turned down an offer of $8500 for his JD401 but it's got a hyd thumb and a set of forks.

They're around but $9K means you're gonna have to hunt hard to find one that's in good condition for that amount. Got any logger buddies? They know where that old iron is hiding out! ;) They might even help trailer it home for ya!

Have you checked here: http://www.machinerytrader.com/ might have somethin' within 300 miles.

AKfish

/ Looking to buy backhoe....Anyone know where a decent one can be found reasonable? #8  
Hi guys. I bought a Komatsu dozer as my first peice of equipment. I am on a tight budget and am now looking for a backhoe. The backhoe I am looking for should be $9000 or less. Anyone got one? Or got recomendations on where to look? And what to look for. Just need a small one. Not looking for a monster. Need one simple to haul on 12,000# trailer. Thx in advance. Please PM me if you got one. Im in Ky but willing to travel up to 300 miles. Thx

Hey Man, If you haven't found a hoe yet I might have what you want. I bought a 545a loader/backhoe to bury some trees on my property. The hoe is a little loose but the unit has never failed me. It would probably be pushing the limits on your trailer though. I would be open to trade for a similar tractor with a loader and 3 point. Just don't need the big hoe anymore. Good luck, Charlie