Looking to buy TC40D in Central NH

/ Looking to buy TC40D in Central NH #21  
During the last 45 years, my father and I have always purchased our Ford and now New Holland tractors from Kahn Tractor in N Franklin Ct. For the 7 machines I've been associated with, they have been fair to deal with and had excellent service. I always care a lot more about service than I do the initial price because when a machine breaks in the middle of a project I need it fixed now. They are also Kuboda dealers. www.kahntractor.com The sales manager's name is Ed I also know they deliver machines into New Hampshire.

Andy

/ Looking to buy TC40D in Central NH #22  
I'll give you my impressions of MB. I went there for the first time about three months ago. I knew they sold Kubota and New Holland, both of which I was interested in. I didn't know much about either. I walked on the lot and a salesman greeted me, very pleasant, and steered me right to the Kubotas. I was interested in something 21-24HP. After showing me Kubota, I said "Now talk to me about New Holland." He said he would sell me one, but that I wouldn't like it as much. He went on to tell me that he has had signed NH deals in place, only to come to delivery date and the customer would try a Kubota and switch. This seemed a little crazy to me given NH's good reputation so I left.
I stopped by several weeks later, and even though they had no Kubotas on the lot to show me, and several NH's, they still only wanted to talk Kubota (different salesman).
Around labor day, I saw them at a fair. I went in to talk to them a third time and was pushed towards the B2410 Kubota which they had there. Unknown to them, I had already ordered a B2410 out of state, but I wanted to see if they would even show me a New Holland, which they also had on display. When asked, the response was "I'll show you a NH, but you won't be my friend after you've had it a couple of months. You'll love me if you buy the Kubota." i asked him to explain and got some lame reasons about performance, etc.
I believe the NH is a fine tractor. I have a friend who has had several Ford/New Hollands over the years and thinks they are great. They certainly don't have a friend in their local dealer, which to this date, I don't understand.
By the way, I would second those who are praising Nothwood Power Equipment. They are the friendliest dealership I have ever been to.

/ Looking to buy TC40D in Central NH #23  
Gee, it seems like I am the exception to the rule when it comes to MB tractor, for I have nothing bad At All to say about them.
I am wondering if the saleman (s) can get a bigger commision on Kubota sales then NH ???
Maybe one of the advantages I had was knowing exactly what I wanted when I first walked in there 2 years ago. My buying was just a matter of When, not What !
I certainly don't mean this to sound insulting, so please don't take it that way, but I would never let a salesman (any salesman) show me what he might want to sell me. I will tell him what I want and want to see and we can go from there.
This is where the buyer having done his research is going to come in. I do understand that not every buyer will have his decision making complete, which is why their are in there looking.
I find that most times, No Matter what it is that I have finally decided to purchase, by the time I am ready to part with my $$, that I am apt to know more about the item I'm buying then the salesperson does.
Again, I think this is where I had an advantage. I knew Exactly what it was I wanted right down to the options, and nobody, I mean, Nobody !! was going to steer me toward anything differant. And in all honesty, my salesman never tried.
I think out of curiosity and concern for my local dealership, the next time I'm in there. I am going to broach this subjuct with my salesman and maybe the manager. and remind them of this website and that there reputation here, for at least the New Hampshire area. Stinks !! and see how they respond.
This site I am sure has a very large number of members and although thousands may never set foot on the MB lot, there may be hundreds who might. But only if they hear or read posative feedback.
Muhammad and or Moderators, or anyone else who knows the answer. What is the TBN's present membership count ?

/ Looking to buy TC40D in Central NH #24  
<font color="blue">What is the TBN's present membership count ? </font>
According to the initial Discussions page, it is 7,158.

Attachments

• 318638-members.jpg
    318638-members.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 69
   / Looking to buy TC40D in Central NH #26  
Stock in MB Tractor ? SELL SELL SELL
Sounds like management and associates need to take Customer Service 101

I shopped Corriher and found them easy to deal with and VERY competitive on price. Alachua Tractor in Alachua Florida was/is a pleasant dealership with knowlegeable and helpful employees. They were also competitive on a TC40 FWD, R4,s at $15,000 even.

/ Looking to buy TC40D in Central NH #27  
Mark_in_NH:

<font color="blue">I am wondering if the saleman (s) can get a bigger commision on Kubota sales then NH ??? </font>

Dual KUB & NH dealers in this area also tend to "push" KUB too - though I never experienced anything as dramatic as mentioned above in this thread. After buying my NH I spoke about their "pushing" KUB. I was told that the main reason they push KUB is much better factory support. As the guy said "they really want to sell tractors." In my decision process I did speak to KUB factory reps - the NH guys you had to have special phone numbers to get to. When I requested whether installing proper guages (oil prssure, voltmener etc) would void warranty the KUB rep got back immediately with "no problem." The NH people took days to say it was ok. So . . . maybe the salesman was telling it straight. I think the main difference is the KUB people see the dealer as absolutely crucial and treat them that way. The NH people see the dealer as less important and the quality of their tractor & warranty as more so. Even if there were no difference in profit margin, simple human nature would tend the dealer to push the tractor people that treat him better. As far as warranty issues, I was told by these dual dealers, when you pinned them down, that NH did at least as well (if not sometimes better). In fact I had one dealer tell me that someone had mounted a 3pt (3rd party) BH on a smaller NH and had snapped the NH tractor. The dealer said he was very surprised NH fixed it for the customer & doubted that KUB would have in the same circumstances. Anyway, that's my take on it from my experience in buying. This is in the lower midwest, so this tendency must be nationwide based on the reports of yoos yankees in new england.

JEH

/ Looking to buy TC40D in Central NH #28  
Mark - I didn't take any offense at all to your comments. I admittedly went in to MB in the very early stages of my shopping knowing full well I was going there on a fact finding mission. I just thought the reaction I got to asking about NH was surprising as I had, and continue to have, a positive impression of their tractor. My subsequent visits were similar and I dealt with a different person each time. I am very happy that you have had a positive relationship with them and I am sure some of their other customers have as well. I am not intending to tell bad stories about them, just relating my personal experience and impression. As I believe I stated earlier, I did buy a Kubota elsewhere simply because they are not at all interested in discussing price and I saved a few thousand on a TLB elsewhere. I don't grudge them holding firm on their price, its their business to run any way they choose and if they can sell tractors at a rate they are satisfied with at full retail (some might say plus), so be it. I would applaud your effort to speak with them as it I would prefer to do business locally with them, I just can't live with myself to pay the premium they are asking to do so.

/ Looking to buy TC40D in Central NH #29  
I definatly want to have this conversation with them for at least my own piece of mind. I seem to get along pretty good in there, so maybe I can learn something from them about their philosophy.

/ Looking to buy TC40D in Central NH #30  
The most important reason the dual dealers push Kubota is they are able to make a larger margin because the Kubota dealers in the Northeast know they do not have to discount the orange as much to sell it.