Dealer Looking to buy..........

/ Looking to buy.......... #21  
Ok I went to ALL the dealerships and drove several different tractors.....John Deere was about $250 cheaper than my local dealer 3032E with FEL for $17,250 with 0% for 60 months. Kubota was $19,000 for the LS3200 with FEL and 0% for 60 months and no payments til March or May 2013. Smiths enterprises was to say the least not what i expected, NO warehouse with 1 to 200 tractors they had about 10 tractors under carports, and no shop to work on them so i asked where to take it for warranty work. I would have to take to the MAIN dealership where all the internet pictures where taken or they would pick it and take it for me and charge for freight transportation and thats further away than they are. So anyway $14,000 for a TYM 293 at 5.6% financing, so i did all the figuring and I would be about $1,000 under the John Deere and about $1,500 under the Kubota. Today talked with another Kubota dealership that is actually closer than the one i went to the other day and he can do a LS3200 HST with R4 tires, FEL and a canopy for $18,000 delivered to my house.......Sounds pretty good to me plus all their service and warranty work is done there. Thinking about pulling the trigger tomorrow, sound like a good deal?? Anything else i should ask?? He really seemed genuine and wanted to make me happy by selling this tractor

Thanks

That price on the last L3200 sounds really good, it is a little better than 15% off. Does that include loaded tires?

/ Looking to buy..........
Not sure what loaded tires are but i did not ask.........more weight on the tractor??

OK loaded tires or a ballast box is a must if you use a FEL.....just searched it......thanks Roger i will ask him. Did not even KNOW to ask that question...........thats why i came to TBN :)

/ Looking to buy.......... #23  
Not sure what loaded tires are but i did not ask.........more weight on the tractor??

Fluid in the rear tires. Do not let them put Calcium Chloride or Magnesium Chloride in them, they are corrosive. You want something that will not rust up your wheels. My tires have methanol in them. With a FEL you need a ballast and the fluid helps some. The fluid also makes your tractor more stable on a hillside and the added weight will give you more traction. Most dealers included that with a FEL.

/ Looking to buy.......... #24  
Fluid in the rear tires. Do not let them put Calcium Chloride or Magnesium Chloride in them, they are corrosive. You want something that will not rust up your wheels. My tires have methanol in them. With a FEL you need a ballast and the fluid helps some. The fluid also makes your tractor more stable on a hillside and the added weight will give you more traction. Most dealers included that with a FEL.

Yes, with a FEL you want ballast. However, filled rears is only a small portion of this. You really want weight hanging off the back of the machine (ballast box or similar). Filling the rear tires does add a little bit of counterweight, but it mostly adds a lot of general stability to the machine. It significantly cuts down on any "bounce" from the tires which makes it more stable overall.

/ Looking to buy.......... #25  
Yes, with a FEL you want ballast. However, filled rears is only a small portion of this. You really want weight hanging off the back of the machine (ballast box or similar). Filling the rear tires does add a little bit of counterweight, but it mostly adds a lot of general stability to the machine. It significantly cuts down on any "bounce" from the tires which makes it more stable overall.

I said the fluid will help with a FEL, not that was all you will need. I should have elaborated more.

Thanks guys but if you use a ballast box then you block the 3PH?? Would hanging a 6' box blade off the 3PH do the same thing or just not heavy enough?? Most people around here put antifreeze in their tires.......just didn't know that was called a loaded tire..... :shrug

/ Looking to buy.......... #27  
Thanks guys but if you use a ballast box then you block the 3PH?? Would hanging a 6' box blade off the 3PH do the same thing or just not heavy enough?? Most people around here put antifreeze in their tires.......just didn't know that was called a loaded tire..... :shrug

The ballast box goes on the 3PH just like a box blade would. Antifreeze is common.

/ Looking to buy.......... #28  
Anything that has some decent weight to it on the 3PH will help. A box blade would work good, you probably want one around 500#'s. A heavy scraper blade will do the job too. Some guys build a form and pour concrete for a ballast. Were a ballast box would shine is if you were doing just loader work and you did not want something sticking out on the the 3PH. I think methanol is cheaper that antifreeze.

Thanks for the replies,suggestions and comments if i 'Pull the Trigger' I'll post some pics :)

/ Looking to buy.......... #30  
Good luck on the deal!:)