Looking to purchase a 60" Core Aerator

/ Looking to purchase a 60" Core Aerator #22  
Do all of these aerators use conventional spoons, where the dirt gets pushed out of the top by the next plug? Does anyone make an aerator where the spoon digs the plug, then a rod pushes it out of the bottom mechanically? A friend of mine used his aerator for the first time, and found that the end of many of the spoons get plugged with small rocks very quickly, then you're just stabbing the ground with a 3/4" diameter blunt stick.

JayC

/ Looking to purchase a 60" Core Aerator #23  
I can't help with the rocks, and I know what you mean, but one improvement I made to mine was to save up a bunch of Romex knockouts from electrical boxes. I held them over a vise and put a small dent in each one. I then welded one in each tine just below the pivot bolt. I put it on a slight angle. Now each plug slides on the knockout until it falls to the ground. Before the plugs would pack up into the top of the spoon where the bolt is. It would then do like it does with rocks and keep the plug from going all the way out each time. I also dip each tine in oil after each use. That way they are slick and polished for the next time, not all rusty. No smart remarks about too much time on my hands, it doesn't take but a few minutes to do.

/ Looking to purchase a 60" Core Aerator #24  
..... I made to mine was to save up a bunch of Romex knockouts from electrical boxes. I held them over a vise and put a small dent in each one. I then welded one in each tine just below the pivot bolt. I put it on a slight angle. Now each plug slides on the knockout until it falls to the ground. Before the plugs would pack up into the top of the spoon where the bolt is. It would then do like it does with rocks and keep the plug from going all the way out each time. .......
Pictures?

/ Looking to purchase a 60" Core Aerator #26  
Well here is the whole package. I also put a framework so I could use a 50gal barrel as weight. I can adjust the weight easy that way, and drain it so it is easy to handle when done. I also put a foot on it . I used some scrap PTO shaft for a receiver and it comes off easy when in use. I also put the bent tube rails on the leading edge. The first tree I hit made those a good idea.

Attachments

• DSCI0093.JPG
    DSCI0093.JPG
    309 KB · Views: 312
  • DSCI0094.JPG
    DSCI0094.JPG
    367.6 KB · Views: 276
  • DSCI0095.JPG
    DSCI0095.JPG
    296.7 KB · Views: 285
   / Looking to purchase a 60" Core Aerator #27  
If anyone is still looking, I have a Woods PL60 for sale. $600 for local pickup. Freight and packing would be extra. This unit is about 7 years old and was only used twice. Bought it as part of a package deal and it hasn't been used since I bought it. Located in metro Detroit.

/ Looking to purchase a 60" Core Aerator #28  
SOLD! Well, let me know how much to pack it. It really just needs to be put on a pallet and taken to a freight line.
Wags

/ Looking to purchase a 60" Core Aerator #29  
Or I can pick up. Detroit is not to big a haul.
Wags

/ Looking to purchase a 60" Core Aerator #30  
Deal pending. Will respond to other messages in order of receipt if deal falls through. Thanks to all for looking.