Looking to sell my tractor and equipment; what's the best way to do that?

/ Looking to sell my tractor and equipment; what's the best way to do that? #1  
Tractor
busted NH TC48DA
All,

We are selling our farm (160 acres) in the country in western Arkansas and moving to a yet-to-be-selected place of probably around 6 acres near Texarkana. We own a 2020 RX-7320 and numerous attachments/implements. What is the best way to sell these items?

Senile Texas Aggie

/ Looking to sell my tractor and equipment; what's the best way to do that? #2  
I had good luck through Facebook Marketplace last year selling a Kubota L4760. Cash buyers seemed to be the issue when so many can buy new and go the monthly payment route.

My Kubota dealer offered to put it on his lot and try to sell it for a $500 fee/commission. I tried FB first and had success in about 3-4 weeks.

Last edited:
   / Looking to sell my tractor and equipment; what's the best way to do that?
Hi, Mr. @big bubba, sir!

Regarding moving, we currently reside on what I consider the most beautiful place in Arkansas. We have a direct view of Mt. Magazine and the lodge there to our northeast, and the Flood mountain range on the right. We are not selling because we don't like it here. Instead, we LOVE IT HERE! But we have family members in the Texarkana area that we need to move closer to, so that's why we are selling.

Mr. @JethroB, sir!

I will consider looking at Facebook Marketplace. I don't have a Facebook account (Mr Pichai of Google knows too much about me as it is, and now Zuckerburg will know a lot about me as well).

STA

/ Looking to sell my tractor and equipment; what's the best way to do that? #4  
absolutely, & w/Mt Magazine in sight, you're already close to paradise.
you might let us know how you go about sales.
& Marketplace sounds like a good start, regards
` letting go in various life stages is something we all go through. if we can do it peacefully w/o personal conflict, so much the better. who's to say?

/ Looking to sell my tractor and equipment; what's the best way to do that? #5  
Craigslist works. I have bought and sold tractors on CL. In fact my friend bought a JD on CL this week.

/ Looking to sell my tractor and equipment; what's the best way to do that? #6  
Hi, Mr. @big bubba, sir!

Regarding moving, we currently reside on what I consider the most beautiful place in Arkansas. We have a direct view of Mt. Magazine and the lodge there to our northeast, and the Flood mountain range on the right. We are not selling because we don't like it here. Instead, we LOVE IT HERE! But we have family members in the Texarkana area that we need to move closer to, so that's why we are selling.

Mr. @JethroB, sir!

I will consider looking at Facebook Marketplace. I don't have a Facebook account (Mr Pichai of Google knows too much about me as it is, and now Zuckerburg will know a lot about me as well).

STA
I didn’t have a Facebook account either so a young neighbor listed it and weeded out the tire kickers. I gave him a $500 commission. 😁 Win all around.

Last edited:
   / Looking to sell my tractor and equipment; what's the best way to do that? #7  
I, too have had good luck with FBM, but the “BS” inquiries can get a little tedious at times.

/ Looking to sell my tractor and equipment; what's the best way to do that? #8  
I joined facebook specifically to list my Tractor on Marketplace a couple of years ago. It sold quickly to a cash buyer. I’ve sold a vehicle and several tools I no longer needed since selling the tractor, all on Marketplace. I think it may be worth it for you to set up a Facebook account, (I had to ask my daughter for a little help with it).).

/ Looking to sell my tractor and equipment; what's the best way to do that? #9  
I'd pay the local tractor dealer a commission to sell it. Implements too. Selling is what they do.

/ Looking to sell my tractor and equipment; what's the best way to do that? #10  
I'd just run it locally in the classifieds and perhaps take a photo and make a flyer to put in local feed stores and such that local rural folks frequent.

You CAN consign it to a dealer, but in my experience, if they have a tractor buyer on the lot, they'd much rather sell from their own inventory first.

Good luck on your move!