Looking to upgrade to about 50 HP machine, engine displacement question

/ Looking to upgrade to about 50 HP machine, engine displacement question
Thanks all.
That's what I thought intuitively, but wasn't sure if it mattered in a small diesel in a CUT.

/ Looking to upgrade to about 50 HP machine, engine displacement question #12  
With regard to internal combustion engines, HP is: [torque (ft-lbs) x RPM]/ 5252....there is a messy equation to get to this simple answer and available online if you are a purist. Grin.

My experience has been that cubes make the torque.....kinetic energy stored in the mechanism, just like the big flywheel on Johnny poppers....the purpose of the engine was to get the flywheel rotating and keep it there when a load tried to slow it down; the flywheel did the actual work! I think Harley Davidson had the same idea with their pop-pop rest, twins......get the flywheel spinning and let it do the work. Don't quote me on that one but why else would you put two combustion cycles in rapid succession and rest....ever roll a tire with your hand when you were a kid? How many times did you hit it twice or thrice and rest?

If you don't have the mass (weight of the rotating object), cubes, long stroke sort of things to get the torque, you have to substitute other things, like rpms. Today's diesels run low cubes and high rpms or combustion volume boosters (turbo chargers) to make up for loss of cubes, for one reason, the smaller sized engines fit well into the compact and sub compact tractors marketed today vs the styles of yesteryear.

The 5252 is just the rule of proportionality.