Loose Fan on MF1230-Help

/ Loose Fan on MF1230-Help #1  

MF1230LA

I started my tractor and there is this strange mechanical "clacking" noise coming from the fan blade rubbing. I found a worn spot on the plastic fan and noticed the shaft that the fan is attached to is loose from the front of the motor. Is this some type of bearing problem or can I just tighten this up. Thanks in advance. I'm pretty new to working on my tractor.

/ Loose Fan on MF1230-Help #2  
I started my tractor and there is this strange mechanical "clacking" noise coming from the fan blade rubbing. I found a worn spot on the plastic fan and noticed the shaft that the fan is attached to is loose from the front of the motor. Is this some type of bearing problem or can I just tighten this up. Thanks in advance. I'm pretty new to working on my tractor.

Sounds like the water pump is going out. You can get a rebuild kit for it or maybe find a rebuilt one.

/ Loose Fan on MF1230-Help
I guess that would also explain the slight coolant drip I'm getting from the front of the motor from somewhere. I was surprised how loose the fan was and how much play it had.

Thanks.

/ Loose Fan on MF1230-Help #4  
Yea I would say its your water pump then if your seeing coolant. If you need a price on a water pump kit or a new one just let me know. Be glad to help.

Jeremy

/ Loose Fan on MF1230-Help
That would actually be great. I'm having trouble finding one at a decent price.