Losing my beloved Tetley

/ Losing my beloved Tetley #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
Just got back from the vet with some horrible news. Tetley, my gun dog, my wonderfully gentle dog, my rehabilitator of terribly abused animals, has a very aggressive form of cancer on his spleen. The prognosis is hopeless. Two to four months with surgery, and 8-12 months with. But no matter what I'm losing that wonderful companion.

I'm so absolutely devastated! Our other four goldens know something is up, but only because they are so attuned to my emotions. Lots of hugging and snuggling happening here. I look at that beautiful dog, just beginning to feel the effects of the tumor that will take him from me, and know I can't ask him to suffer. So no surgery. No heroics. Just all the love I can give him until his time comes. Having him put down will undoubtedly be the hardest decision of my life.

Pete

/ Losing my beloved Tetley #2  
Sorry to hear it Pete. I know how much you love your dogs as family members. We've been faced with it too, its always hard, but there are some dogs that have been so much more than just dogs in our family, I suspect Tetley is one of those very special friends.

/ Losing my beloved Tetley #3  
May God be with you and Tetley.

I know what you're going through.

But... the pain and love that you feel shows what Tetely has meant to you. For that, give thanks, and your time together has not been in vain.

You shall be together yet again.

God bless.

/ Losing my beloved Tetley #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Having him put down will undoubtedly be the hardest decision of my life. )</font>

No doubt about it, and you certainly have my sympathy, but I do believe it's the right decision.

/ Losing my beloved Tetley #5  
Pete,

I'm so sorry to hear about Tetley.

I had saved the 'attached' picture as one of my favorites.

Don

Attachments

• 719204-494291-ChevyMedium.jpg
    719204-494291-ChevyMedium.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 266
   / Losing my beloved Tetley #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( No heroics. Just all the love I can give him until his time comes. )</font>

Such sad news. But it is clear, when his time comes, he will enter his peace with the knowledge that someone loved him with all their heart. And you as well. Were we all to be so lucky in life...

/ Losing my beloved Tetley
Thanks, Don. Tetters is the big, beautiful boy on the left. He's still as handsome as ever. Hard to believe he's so sick!

Pete

/ Losing my beloved Tetley #8  
Very sorry to hear this Pete. You have my condolences. Give him a big hug for me. You are so right about it being the hardest decision you'll ever have to make. The love you have for him will help you make the decision when the time comes. That pic you posted of your dogs in your truck is one of my favorites too. Good thing you have such a great support team to help out.

Sincerely,
Kyle

/ Losing my beloved Tetley #9  
When the time comes Pete, you know you have all of us here behind you. Tetley does not need to suffer. Our thoughts are with you Buddy.

/ Losing my beloved Tetley #10  
Pete.... I am also very sad to hear about the pups cancer. I also know that you will make the right decision when the time comes. The dogs never seem to live long enough, and they are just on loan to us from G-d. Both Tetley, you and your family will be in my prayers, and hopefully he will not suffer and will live out the rest of his days in peace and comfort... Junk..