Losing power???

/ Losing power???
Finally had to give up and let the dealer have at it... unfortunately their tests indicated the HST was bad... and after only 560 hrs.. they've had it almost 2 weeks now saying they've had trouble getting a new unit delivered... not happy.. :mad:

/ Losing power??? #12  
Finally had to give up and let the dealer have at it... unfortunately their tests indicated the HST was bad... and after only 560 hrs.. they've had it almost 2 weeks now saying they've had trouble getting a new unit delivered... not happy.. :mad:
Sincerely sorry about your misfortune. Best wishes.

/ Losing power??? #13  

Let us know if they are able to tell you if the low grade hydraulic fluid might have contributed to the problem. If I have this right, working fine. Lend to a neighbor. He adds hydraulic fluid but of an inferior grade. Immediately after the tractor begins to have problems.

I have wondered about sharing equipment. When I use a shared disk I use my own cylinder because I do not trust the other person's 30 year old tractor and the hydraulic fluid it contains. By replacing the cylinder when I use the disk I keep my fluid relatively pure except for any contamination that enters the system from connecting and disconnecting my cylinder. Have wondered if that is an unnecessary exchange since we both use Pioneer couplings an it would be easier to hook to his cylinder and go.

/ Losing power???
Sorry, been off the forum for awhile.. Dealer wasn't really helpful as to the reason for the early demise of the HST.. although they didn't think the lighter fluid was much of a factor. Although I talked with the person who borrowed it a little more and turns out they were running it in High for everything they did... mowed, tilled, graded.. if I had to put a tag on the problem, I would say that was an issue.. Lesson learned.. don't lend your Precious out to morons...

/ Losing power??? #15  
Sorry to hear about your HST. I have a B7800 also with 730 hours. I would be pretty upset if I had your problem.

/ Losing power??? #16  
Pulling hard in high range will overheat the oil quickly. You can put a lot of "years or hours" wear on HST in short order with extremely hot oil. I have a couple neighors that have hinted or asked obut using my tractor. Told boht of them to let me know a few days in advance of when they need a job done and I will come down and do it for them, but NO ONE drives the tractor but me. Me excuse to them is, insurance won't cover it, but really it is I have too much invested in it to let some inexperienced "idiot" get on it.

/ Losing power??? #17  
My B7800 has a surge relief on the HST. If I am working in too high of a gear for the work it is doing, like loader work, I can feel this surge relief kick out. It's a slight hesitation and a jerk in forward movement. My owners manual says that this won't hurt the tractor if the surge relief does kicks out. But continued operation with a load that kicks out this surge relief is not recommended.

/ Losing power???
Hmmmmm... checked in on this thread again... Whistlepeg, thanks for your comments... I wonder if the surge you're describing is something I have felt occasionally when driving on surface streets going between properties... I drive in high, 2wd at about 2000 rpms to maintain 20-25 mph... I'll be chugging along when I'll feel a brief surge of speed that lasts for a few seconds... it never seems to be running that hot when I do this, but I've always wondered why that little surge kicked in....