Losing your dog....

/ Losing your dog.... #11  
Sorry for your loss, I hope your pup comes home soon.

I have an Apple air tag on my dog and cats collars, that way we know exactly where they are.

If he comes home you might try that, and its free!

Again sorry for your loss.

/ Losing your dog.... #12  
I went back and read, and I see that your dog was not lost.
Sorry about that..

/ Losing your dog.... #13  
We as Hoomanz, don't deserve doggos. But, I am SOOOOOO glad we have them. They are the epitome of unconditional love. We only have them for a very short time, but we are ALL they have. I never had many dogs as a kid growing up, and unfortunately my dad was not a real "dog lover". Having said that, I have had a few as an adult, which were part of my family. My two boys now, both 7 (GSD's) are my world. They are still "dogs"... but they are so integral in my life. My one boy Koda, is my "service animal"... my best bud. He goes EVERYWHERE with me. I know it's not long before I have to say goodbye to him... I just hope to get 5 or so more years with him. I sit and talk to him daily... even though he may not understand everything I say to him... I let him know that he's the BEST boy ever. So sorry for your loss... they are so super special.

/ Losing your dog.... #14  
Sorry to learn this. We lost our dog almost 2 months ago and my wife and I are still very upset.

You might consider a web search for grief and pet loss. There are some valuable bits of information that does not lessen the pain but at least makes it a bit more understandable. It may be helpful for your daughter.

I also watched a youtube video on the subject. It was about 14 minutes long and the presenter did a very good job.

/ Losing your dog.... #15  
This is tough, and especially tough on a kid who grew up with the pup. I was her age when my first grandparent died. To her, I am sure it is the same.

/ Losing your dog....
Thanks everyone. Life goes on although it's strange around the house. Our other shepherd still isn't acting 100% but my daughter is spoiling the hell out of him.

We buried her out at our property

/ Losing your dog.... #17  
I know how your daughter must be hurting and I sympathize. My wife and I still mourn a cat we lost more than a decade ago. Pets can really become part of our family. She was lucky to have a great companion during the beginning of her life. My heart goes out to her.
Eric

/ Losing your dog.... #18  
I still have the the pictures of me and my first dog when I was 4.
I have pictures of me and our family dog when I was born. That dog really took to me and would crack pecans for me and him to eat when I got big enough to pick the shells apart after he cracked them with his teeth.

/ Losing your dog.... #19  
My 9 YO Brittany went from his normal effusive self on Tuesday morning to having to be euthanized on Thursday evening. The best assessment was that it was as a result of sepsis due to either pancreatic or spleenic cancer. Both were significantly enlarged on ultrasound and visible on Xray. Miss that guy. He was a real bud to my 32 YO daughter that lives out of town. Any time she was here find her you would find him.