Lost a lot of fluid today, Not sure what it is.

/ Lost a lot of fluid today, Not sure what it is. #1  

labplanting

Tractor
none
Towards the end of mowing (about 30 minutes before I parked) I noticed a weird surge and then as I parked the tractor I noticed some fluid leaking. It was a pretty hot day out. Not sure if this or the sudden jerk had anything to do with it. I smelled the fluid and it didn't have a distinctive smell to it. Mostly a golden / clear color. It seems to be dripping from this location but I am not certain yet until I wipe things down. Everything seemed to be operating fine when I parked it so that does not give me any clues. Picture attached. Thanks for any feedback. picture.JPG

I have a ~2016 MX5100

/ Lost a lot of fluid today, Not sure what it is. #3  
"Some fluid" doesn't really tell anybody much. As Deere Dude suggested check the fluids. If you've lost any quantity of engine oil the loss should show on the dipstick as there are only six quarts to start with. Since transmission fluid is measured in gallons you may not see a change there.

/ Lost a lot of fluid today, Not sure what it is. #4  
I would suggest that the "container", where the leak might be, is a container for a filter. Either engine oil or hydraulic fluid. Check to see that all bolts are tight. Check engine oil level and hydraulic fluid level. Run the tractor - check closely to determine where leak is. If it is coming from the "container" area or bolt - it could be that a new gasket is required.

/ Lost a lot of fluid today, Not sure what it is.
Thanks for the comments. I値l give it a wash, check all fluids, bolts and turn it on to see what the issues is. If anyone knows what that circled bolt is (or the container) that would be appreciated.

Probably lost a quart or so of fluid. Engine oil I would expect to be dark, maybe it痴 trans / hydraulic fluid?

/ Lost a lot of fluid today, Not sure what it is. #6  
could it be water dripping from the ac system?! the puddle of water catches me every time....

/ Lost a lot of fluid today, Not sure what it is. #7  
Thanks for the comments. I値l give it a wash, check all fluids, bolts and turn it on to see what the issues is. If anyone knows what that circled bolt is (or the container) that would be appreciated.

Probably lost a quart or so of fluid. Engine oil I would expect to be dark, maybe itç—´ trans / hydraulic fluid?

Buy the darned manuals!
You can always go to Messicks and search through the online parts catalog but having hardcopy is worth it. You've got probably a $20K tractor, spend a few hundred on the manuals.

/ Lost a lot of fluid today, Not sure what it is.
Buy the darned manuals!
You can always go to Messicks and search through the online parts catalog but having hardcopy is worth it. You've got probably a $20K tractor, spend a few hundred on the manuals.

I have the pdf of the manual. For some reason I don't see a general diagram that points out what each bolt / component is. I am used to seeing something like that for old military trucks that I work on. The manual seems to be geared towards specific repairs.

/ Lost a lot of fluid today, Not sure what it is. #9  
According to the Parts diagrams available thru Messick's Parts online it's the HST Servo Piston housing. Looks like a cap with gasket holding the servo piston in place. If the bolts are properly tightened and it still seeps, it'll probably need the gasket replaced.

Kubota MX51H (Hydrostatic Transmission) Parts Diagrams