lost all hydraulic functions on M7040

/ lost all hydraulic functions on M7040 #1  

grader guy

Tractor
2012 John Deere 5093e
i got a new grapple today and i was moving logs with it when the loader and grapple stopped working after i dumped out some logs. I think the 3rd function valve is stuck because one of the grapple lids will weep down after a period of time and when the tractor is started the lid opens up but then nothing else works. I have no idea where to begin on this one. Any help is greatly appreciated. Matt

/ lost all hydraulic functions on M7040 #2  
The seep down part is common.

Does sound like the 3rd function valve is stuck.

Are you using a Diverter Valve to operate the 3rd function?

/ lost all hydraulic functions on M7040 #3  
Check all of the quick connects. One may have uncoupled and be blocking the flow. Sometimes it is so slight it is hard to see it. If any doubt, uncouple an recouple them. Hope this helps.

/ lost all hydraulic functions on M7040
it is a kubota kit, model M1977.. everything was working fine and then it just stopped. The 3 pt hitch will not raise either.

/ lost all hydraulic functions on M7040 #5  
it is a kubota kit, model M1977.. everything was working fine and then it just stopped. The 3 pt hitch will not raise either.

That kit number means nothing to me.

Is it a true 3rd function kit as in two thumb buttons on the joystick lever to operate the 3rd function??

A typical system flow goes like this. Pump, then FEL, then 3rd function (if it has one), then rear remotes (if it has them), then 3pt lift. So, if the 3pt lift isn't working that tells us the pressure is being dumped somewhere along this line before it gets to the 3pt. Open valve.

ok it does have 2 buttons on the joystick. the order that you said makes sense. It was dealer installed so i am not very familiar with it as i just finally got a grapple today.

/ lost all hydraulic functions on M7040 #7  
Yep. It's a true 3rd function system so my "flow" description is accurate. For sure there's an open circuit somewhere. All of the output of the pump is being dumped back into the reservoir before it applies any pressure to the 3pt, thus it won't lift.

I would contact your local dealer and visit with them about it. Hopefully they can narrow it down to a specific problem for you, then you can decide how you want to correct the problem.

Yep. It's a true 3rd function system so my "flow" description is accurate. For sure there's an open circuit somewhere. All of the output of the pump is being dumped back into the reservoir before it applies any pressure to the 3pt, thus it won't lift.

I would contact your local dealer and visit with them about it. Hopefully they can narrow it down to a specific problem for you, then you can decide how you want to correct the problem.

Update on problem, my dealer wanted crazy money to look at it so i did more research and found some video's about taking the valve apart. It was simple to do and now my tractor is fixed!! I think you tube saved me almost a thousand bucks!!

/ lost all hydraulic functions on M7040 #9  
Thats great!!!

Can you detail what you found to be wrong with the valve and the correction you applied?

Thanks for the update!!!