Lost my track

/ Lost my track
It took about 4 hours for them take care of me. I didn't have an apointment, I just showed up and two guys went to work, with one doing most of it. He just kept at it until he got it done. They used two old taps to retap it, and decided to go to town and buy a brand new one to make sure it was right.

This is that same 755B Ford they use for everything. They said the one track with pads weighed around 2,500lbs.

Attachments

• 479318-Picture 927.jpg
    479318-Picture 927.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 449
   / Lost my track
This is the tracks at home. In the morning I will bring them down to the dozer, walk back for the backhoe and spend the day trying to install them on the dozer on my own. I have an idea on how I can do it, but this will be a first for me.

Attachments

• 479321-Picture 928.jpg
    479321-Picture 928.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 439
   / Lost my track
<font color="blue"> </font>
I have a Century 2535 CUT that does its job just fine, but when something breaks on it, it's a nightmare to work on. When I bust something on my full size Loader/Backhoe, it's extremely easy to work on. Lots of room, full size bolts that are easy to get to. Everything is designed to be rebuilt.

/ Lost my track #24  
Cool update on the progress. Thanks. Some of those tracks are just amazing. That "little" Ford sure can lift. John

/ Lost my track #25  
Thanks again for taking the time to photograph everything and present it here. The pics and comentary are facinating.

Cliff

/ Lost my track #26  
I had to remove the tracks on my Oliver OC3 once.... I would rather wrestle an alligator than try that again. Once was more than enough. Never though that such a small track could weigh so much. I miss that old machine, but I don't miss the time and effort it took to keep it running. Spent half of the time locating replacement parts and the other half of the time installing them... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Lost my track #27  
Can you please give me the company name and location for future reference just incase i have something like this happen? Do they service every model? rubber tracks?

/ Lost my track #28  
If I read you right, lay the track out behind the drive sprocket, getting the track as close to the sprocket teeth as you can. Unroll it straight back. Start the dozer, in reverse slowing back over the track till you get to your first idler. Make sure it lines up. Once there, continue back till all idlers are lined up' then line up the front roller. We always tried to unhook and rehook them at the rear sprocket Oh, don't forget to retrack the track aduster all the way in so you will have as much slack as is possible. Hopefully you asked the guys as the shop how they do it. They are are experts and if there is a trick, they should know it. I think you MUST get a second set of hands to help. Manu you can get hurt easy foolin' with this stuff. Good Luck. BobG in VA

/ Lost my track
Degree,

The company is called Cypress Equipment Co.

Phone is 903-856-6684

They are about 5 miles outside Pittburg TX

/ Lost my track
Good news, hell day is over!

I started out just lining up the track straight back from the sprocket.

Attachments

• 479858-Picture 931.jpg
    479858-Picture 931.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 400